Chapter×22

Preservation of the peace, an ideal world
Never lonely when you flowin' through my mind, girl

-XXXTENTACION

[This chapter MAY be short!!]

××××××××××××××××××××××××

Jahseh

"Jah, I can't believe this is happening. Well I can, but it's still shocking to me." Kehlani vented to me as I ran my fingers through my dreads. I couldn't believe this was happening either, honestly. I never thought that my aunt would actually marry Kehlani's dad, but obviously I was wrong.

"What we post to do now?" I asked her, and she looked at me. "Too much shit is going on at once, Lani. Not only is your dad gonna marry my aunt, but I don't even know if I'm gone be here to see the wedding."

"What do you mean by that, Jahseh?" She said in a worried tone.

"Did you forget that tomorrow, I have to go back to court to see if I'm a free man or not? If they decide that I'm guilty, then I might be gone for a long time. I don't want to go to jail, Kehlani, and I also don't want them to get married, but it's too late."

She looked down at her feet, then looked back up at me. Her eyes showed nothing but sympathy. "I know. This is all my f--"

"Stop, don't say it." I cut her off. "None of this is your fault."

I noticed her eyes becoming glossy, and when she blinked then looked away from me, a couple tears escaped from her eyes and slid down her face. "I-I should've controlled my anger, Jah. I let it get the best of me." She began to cry.

I honestly didn't know what to do because Kehlani doesn't cry in front of me often, and when she does, I can only imagine how to make her feel better with no problem.

I moved closer to her before wrapping my arms around her. She hid her face into my chest and she sobbed, wrapping her arms around me. "Kehlani, please don't cry." I said, slightly feeling myself tear up.

"This is all my fault, Jah." She sobbed.

"No it isn't, stop saying that. It's not your fault that Geneva is delusional as fuck, and it's definitely isn't your fault that I chose her dumb ass in the first place." She didn't say anything, she just held me tighter and sniffed. "If I have to go to prison, promise me you'll do great while I'm gone. I want you to be the best version of you that you can be, because the only person that could really make you great, is you."

She sighed. "Jahseh, I--"

"Promise me, Kehlani."

She looked up at me and wiped tears out of her eyes. Her small button nose was red, and so were her cheeks. "I promise."

I leaned in and kissed her, and she kissed me back. When we pulled apart, she rested her forehead on mine and closed her eyes. "I'm sorry, Jah." She said.

"You shouldn't be sorry, Lani." I sighed, bringing her closer to me.

-

Kehlani

"I just lost it, Sky. I couldn't control myself from keeping my emotions in order." I sighed as I laid my head on Sky's lap and she played with my hair. We were in my bedroom, and I was telling her about what happened earlier between me and Jahseh.