Chapter×24

"I'm lost, then I'm found, but it's torture being in love."

-XXXTENTACION

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Kehlani

"Sky, I can't keep this baby." I cried as I shook my head. I finally decided to tell Sky about my pregnancy, and she didn't know how to really react. But she also felt some empathy. "Kehlani, don't start talkin' crazy now. I know you being pregnant by X is a little risky, but I don't think aborting the baby is the best idea." She tried to reason.

"I can't even tell my dad or Janice. They'll look at me crazy, especially my dad. He'll probably start hitting me again."

"Girl, yo stepdad ain't gone do jack diddly, so don't even worry about him, and as for Janice, she isn't even his mother so she cannot protest much--"

"But she still practically raised him, Sky. I feel like she and Jah's mom will both be very difficult to tell about the baby."

Sky looked down and sighed. "How far along are you, Kehlani?"

"Three months."

"I'm four months." She suddenly said, making me look at her immediately.

"Sky, you're pregnant?"

She nodded her head. "Yeah I am."

I gasped as an open smile appeared on my face. "Oh my God, my baby!"

"Uh, don't act like yo ass ain't pregnant either." Sky laughed.

"Yeah, but you're much more far along than I am! I'm so happy for you! Does your mom know?"

She shook her head and sighed as she ran her fingers through her hair. "No. Nobody knows except me, you, and Wifi. You can't tell anyone else, Kehlani. I'm not ready for anybody to know yet."

"Well, it's only a matter of time until your bump grows bigger. Is that why you've been wearing sweaters and shit?"

She chuckled. "Yeah, and it's not fun if it's hot as fuck outside."

"Wow. I don't want to hide mine, but I don't know how I'm gonna explain this to Jahseh and our parents."

"My advice is for you to either be honest and just tell them, or just wait until you're 5 months."

"Why wait so long?"

"Because by then your bump will be more noticeable and that's also enough time for them to heal from recent events."

I sighed. "You're right. I'm gonna wait it out and just focus on having a healthy pregnancy for the next 6 months."

"Shiit, my ass needa do that too. I been arguing with Wifi 24/7 over little shit." Sky said, making us both laugh.

"What the fuck, Sky?" I chuckled as my phone began to ring. I looked down to see who it was and saw that it was Coolie before I answered it.

"Hey, what's up?" I answered. "Yo, what you on right now?" He asked.

"Nothing, just sitting here talking to my friend. Why?"

"Can I come pick you up?"