Chapter×27

Can't pretend that I was perfect, leaving you in fear

-XXXTENTACION

 ×××××××××××××××××××××××××

Kehlani

"Just take it easy, jit. Relax." Wifi said as he helped me lay back on the couch comfortably. Sky and I were finally able to leave the hospital today, but one thing that I had on my mind today was how I'm supposed to get back to California, in this condition, this Friday. I need to come up with something so I don't get kicked out of the school because they think I'm being truant. It must have been evident that something was bothering me, because Wifi started looking at me sympathetically. "What's on your mind?"

I sighed in defeat. "I'm worried that I won't make it back to California in time to finish school. I'm supposed to leave this Friday, but I can't fly on a plane in this condition, Wifi. I'm fucked up."

"Well, I ain't the smartest nigga in the world, but maybe you could email your professor or whoever is the head person in charge, and just tell them the situation."

"You're right," I said as I nodded my head in agreement. "I could do that. Can I use your laptop?"

"Yeah, hold up, I'll be right back." He said before standing up and walking off somewhere in the house. A few minutes later, he came back into the living room and handed me his MacBook. "Alright, I'm about to go upstairs with Sky. If you need anything, just text me or her."

"Okay. Thanks, Wifi." I smiled at him.

"Aw, don't mention it, jit." He ruffled my hair before leaving again. I opened the MacBook, and I groaned in annoyance because he forgot to unlock it for me. I picked up my phone and texted him.

DumbNigga😂💙

what's the password 🙄

oh shit😂 my fault jit

it's "membersonly555"

Members only??? 😂

ill explain later jit lmao . kinda busy rn...

ew. bye

I placed my phone back beside me before entering the password on the laptop. Once it unlocked, I immediately went to Safari to go to my email to contact my professors. After finishing and reading over my email for the last time, I was satisfied enough to finally send it to my professors and the dean of the school. I sighed after I hit 'send', hoping that they would understand my predicament.

My phone notification suddenly went off, indicating a text message, and I picked it up to see that my dad texted me.

Papá
You need to call me as soon as possible, Kehlani. 4:55 p.m.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I unlocked my phone to respond to him.

Papá

Dad what's wrong

Call me. Ahora mismo.

I hesitated to call him at first, but I knew I had to. Whatever it was had to be important if he wanted me to call him as soon as possible. I pressed the call button before putting my phone to my ear. The line didn't even ring more than three times, because he answered on the second ring.