Chapter×25

But all that glitters isn't gold, I was blinded
Should have never gave you my heart on consignment

-Kehlani

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Omniscient

Today was like any other day at the mall: teenagers hanging out with their friends, people going on shopping sprees, and so on. It had been now 4 days since Kehlani last talked to Jahseh, and guilt was nearly eating her alive. Sky decided to force Kehlani into coming with her to the mall to unwind and take her mind off things, but it didn't matter what they did; Kehlani still missed Jahseh. "Come on, Kehlani. You're only here for 2 more days, and then you leave me on Friday." Sky whined to her. Kehlani let out a sigh as she ran her fingers through her hair. "Fine, what store do you want to go to first?" She asked, causing a smile to grow on Sky's face before she took Kehlani's hand and began dragging her around the mall as they searched for a good store to shop at.

   Elsewhere, Geneva walks out of Victoria's Secret with Sonya and Red by her side. A smirk was plastered across her face as she had felt satisfied from going shopping. "What store y'all wanna go to next?" Red asked the other two. "Let's just walk around until we see something we like in a store." Geneva says, looking down at her phone as she scrolled through it. The trio began to walk, but they unknowingly were walking the same direction as Kehlani and Sky...

"Here, try this on with me." Sky says as she holds up a red and white blouse, showing Kehlani all of its detail. Kehlani looks at the blouse before grabbing it from Sky. "We're getting matching outfits or something?" She asked; Sky shook her head. 

 "I'm getting the blue and white one. We're getting matching outfits but different colors." Sky clarified. "Here, I'll get the white denim shorts, you get the black one." After they get their pairs of shorts, they head to the dressing rooms area. "Hi, we're sharing a room." Sky told the attendant and the attendant nodded her head before showing them to their dressing room. Once they were settled, the attendant leaves them alone and returns to her previous position. 

"Ew, I'm getting fatter." Sky whined after she took her shirt off, revealing her growing baby bump. Kehlani takes her shirt off before admiring her stomach that still was small. She couldn't wait until her stomach grew bigger so she could feel the baby move around and kick. Motherhood was something she held so dear in her heart, especially if she gave birth to a girl like her own mother did; she would feel even more connected to her.

"Ugh, I can't wait to have this baby. It's making my body grow wider." Sky complained as she put her blouse on, and Kehlani began to also put hers on as she laughed at Sky. 

"Well what did you expect? For your body to get smaller?" Kehlani shook her head as she fixed her blouse to fit. The blouses for them both just right, except Sky continued to worry about her weight. Kehlani saw that she began to look upset, so she took her blouse off.

"You know what, let's just go to the maternity store. They most likely have things way cuter than this." Kehlani said, and Sky nodded her head before they both put back on their original clothes and left the store once everything was back in place.

-

"I hope it's a boy." Sky sighed as she picked up a small pair of blue booties. Kehlani rolled her eyes and laughed. "Yeah, so we could deal with a mini Wifi terrorizing us just as bad as his daddy." Sky chuckled and shook her head at Kehlani's comment. "Like my daughter won't do the same."