Chapter×20

"So save me, before I fall
So save me, I don't wanna be all alone.."

-XXXTENTACION

×××××××××××××××××××××××××

Kehlani

"So this was why you didn't call me today?" I asked Jahseh as I sat beside him on the couch. He looked at me and chuckled. "Yeah, and I haven't talked to you recently because I've been busy booking shows and concerts. I'm on a come up right now."

I smiled wide. "That's great. I'm proud of you. I'm happy that this is working out well for you."

He smiled at me, showing his gold grill. "Thanks. Oh, and I have a surprise for you." He reached over to grab his duffel bag before opening it and pulling a small packet of papers out. He looked at me before handing the papers to me, and I held a confused look on my face as I grabbed them from him.

"What is this, Jah?"

He nodded his head towards the papers. "Read them." He ran his fingers through his black and blonde dreads as I began to read the papers. The more I read the papers, the wider my eyes got. No he didn't...

"Oakland School for the Arts?! Jahseh, you got me in?!" I exclaimed as he chuckled at my excitement. "Oh my God."

"Now your dreams can start coming true." He smiled at the papers in my hand. I jumped up before pouncing on him, giving him the biggest hug ever.

"Oh my God, Jahseh! Thank you so much! I love you for this!" I said as I let him go. "Wait, when am I supposed to fly out to Oakland?"

He smirked. "Next month, after school gets out."

I was overwhelmed with happiness. "I cannot believe this. This is the best birthday I've ever had. Thank you, Jahseh."

He stood up and laughed as he pulled me into a hug. "Anything for you, Lani."

Words could never describe...

(A/N: ok y'all, this is where shit gets real, so don't be confused the rest of the chapter😊😈)

×××6 Months Later×××

October 6th, 2016

I knocked on the door as I waited patiently to see who was going to open the door. I flew back to Florida to visit everyone, since back in Cali, my school was under some type of major reconstruction and gave everyone 2 weeks off.

The door opened, revealing Janice. When she saw me, she gasped and exclaimed as she pulled me into a tight hug as I laughed. "Oh my God, Kehlani! How are you, sweetheart?! How has everything been?!"

She let me go. "Things have been going amazing. Is my dad here?"

"No, he just went out to run some errands. He'll be back later on. Come inside."

I followed her into the house and closed the door behind me. The house still looked the same, the only thing that was different was that it was just Janice and my dad living here, since both Jahseh and I moved out. I should actually go to visit him in a minute.