Jejune

je·june
/jəˈjo͞on/

naive, simplistic, and superficial.

His entirely predictable and usually jejune opinions

——

It's been a month since I promise Jessie about her money.

A month since Taehyung went back.

A month since I've been waiting for that timing to ask him about Daddy Warbucks.

All I can think about is that speech about the parts of the story. How the middle part is the most important of all. When he spurts things like that you know it stucks with you.

"I'm gonna go out and walk Yeontan." Taehyung said as he carries him.

"Sure..." I said.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's tiring. I don't want to be tired." I said.

"Oh for God sake hyung, just tell me! Tell me right now! Everyone's on vacation! We're the only ones here." Taehyung said.

"I'm not sure if I can but why don't we talk instead?" I said.

Taehyung gave me an exasperated look but put Yeontan down in his den and sat accross me in the dining table.

"Hyung... I want you to know that if its something I can do, I'll do it for you." He said.

"You're so naive and simple. Don't say things like that. I know you can do it but I think you will not want to do it. How's Yoonji?" I asked.

If anything, what I said made him more uncomfortable. It took a while before he answered thinking whatever he answer will have an effect on how our conversation will go.

"We're fine for now. It's hard but I love that we could still talk over the phone and see each other." He finally said.

"How did you realized you love her? It might be because she's your first that you thought you love her?"

"How did you realized you have feelings for Jessie? There's no concrete answer right? Just a feeling in your gut telling you that you have."

"Touché."

"Hyung, I can see how your problem is making you uneasy. Just tell me... so I could say if I really don't want to do it."

"Jessie needs money. A huge amount that even if we pooled everything we have, it won't be enough."

"How much?"

"Eleven billion won. I was hoping you could ask Yoonji's father."

"Hyung! This is not... you picked me up at the airport. This is not an equivalent trade! I thought you want something out of my closet." He said.