Palliative

pal·li·a·tive
/ˈpalēˌādiv,ˈpalēədiv/

(of a medicine or medical care) relieving pain without dealing with the cause of the condition.

orthodox medicines tend to be palliative rather than curative

——

After the night of extreme pain, it was gone the day after as if nothing happened. I woke up with Jinri beside me. There were still marks of her tears on her cheeks.

Jiwon on the other hand, slept on my couch. Her night gown slightly pulled up and wrinkled probably from her lack of sleep.

My phone rang.

"Hello." I said.

"How are you feeling?" His voice is full of remorse.

"I'm fine now. A little sore but definitely better than last night."

"Listen Jessie... I'm sorry about last night."

"I don't think it's your fault."

"Jiwon said it was. It happened to her, too."

I chuckled a bit getting the reason why it was his fault.

"Jessie... listen." He said with a serious tone.

"Yes."

"You need to have it checked. Ask Jiwon and Jinri to go with you to a clinic."

"I told you it feels fine already." I said.

"I know, but your shouts yesterday. It wasn't. Please have it checked."

"Yoongi... it's nothing. I don't feel anything weird."

"Jessie... please. For me?"

I remember the Lupon Violin. He must've cost him a lot of money not to mention the time it took for him to look for the current owner. He never asked me for anything, now he's asking but it was still for my sake.

"Okay."

"Thanks. I love you. I have to go now."

"I love you, too. Bye."

I woke them both with me earning some curses from Jiwon before she finally sat up. I asked them to come with me for a trip to the hospital. Their reaction couldn't be any more different.

Jinri is restless.

I could now clearly see why Jungkook avoided telling her about what happened in Ilsan. She seems to panic at an early sign of distress.

Jiwon is quiet. Which is new to me.

I've never been treated in a hospital before except for some few check-up. When we went in, Jiwon was the one who did the talking to the doctor about what happened. Being with her is like being with Yoongi, it felt like someone is taking care of me so I don't have to speak.