Obdurate*

ob·du·rate
/ˈäbd(y)ərət/

stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion or course of action.

She was obdurate in taking any position that would put her in jeopardy.

——

Jessie began to kiss me and feel my crotch as soon as we enter her bedroom.

"Wait! Wait... I really have a gift, a physical one." I said.

"I know, it's physical." She said as her kisses goes to my neck.

I slightly pushed her away from me. "I meant physical as in a physical object. Open my gift first. Before we start getting... physical."

She finally stopped after letting out a loud sigh. I took the box under her bed where I hid it and put it on her bed. With great resistance, she started to rip the wrapper and stopped when she realized what it was.

She saw the brand embedded on the case and traced it with her finger. "Yoongi, this is... this is expensive."

"If it's for you, I don't mind. Open it." I said.

It was a Lupon Violin. It took a while for me to find one, the wait for the item to reach the office is even more frustrating. I wasn't sure if it will arrive before birthday or not.

I heard her sobs as she touch the wood following the grain. When she held the bow, she saw a familiar marking. Her name was on it. It was the same violin. The same violin she sold.

Tracing the owner was hard. It was sold thrice. I was able to buy it offering twice the price.

Her sobs grown into full cries. I immediately hugged her and whispered to her ear. "I love you. Happy Birthday."

She wasn't able to say anything. She was just crying hard. It took a while for the tears to subside. "I love you so much. Thank you for making me this happy."

"Try it. Play it." I said as I wiped her tears.

The room was filled with Beethoven's Fur Elise as she began to play.

After playing, I clapped my hands enthusiastically. It wasn't just because I love her. She was really incomparable when she plays the violin.

She gently put it back into the casing and put in carefully in her closet.

She held both my hands. "What did I ever do to deserved you?"

"I'm asking the same question myself." I said.

I kissed the corner of her lips as her hands found its way to my neck. Slowly, my lips traced all the sensitive parts that I've come to know while we were together.

"Tell me what you want." I whispered to her ears.

She pressed her lips to me, feeling the intensity of her need. I could feel her heart thumping as it did mine as we catch our breathe.