Yore

yore
/yôr/

of long ago or former times (used in nostalgic or mock-nostalgic recollection).

a great empire in days of yore

——

"Is she arriving today?" Jungkook said as he sat in front of me on our dining table.

"Yup."

"Good luck, hyung." He said as he tap my shoulders.

Taehyung and Jimin came in laughing and sat with us. They bought food for lunch and we started to eat.

"How come you're still here?" I asked Jimin.

"Amy said I can stay for a while. Her mother's helping her with the kids."

"Jungkook, how did you know you want to propose to Jinri?" Taehyung asks.

"If you're gonna fucking fight again, just get two knives in the kitchen and stab each other. I'm tired of you two." I said.

"No, I'm serious."

"She's the first girl that I actually didn't think of running away after we had sex." Jungkook said.

"That's it?" Jimin said. "Fuck you."

"It means a lot to me. I mean, most of the girls I went out with usually chase me. After doing it, it feels like I've taken advantage of their feelings. She's the first girl I have to work my ass off just to make her admit she likes me. I'm willing to give you up Mochiballs for her. I don't think I can't get more lucky than that."

"How 'bout you Jiminie, I mean, was it just because she got pregnant?" Taehyung asks.

"I'll answer that if you answer my question. Are you planning to propose to Jiwon? Why?"

"Yup. I actually have the ring already. Hyung knows about it." Taehyung said.

"Why haven't you?" Jungkook asks.

"So you think she's worth proposing to? I'm serious. You seem to hate her a lot." Taehyung said.

"I don't hate her. I just— she's like a fucking sister that ruins my life. Her knack for emotional violence doesn't sit well with me."

"She's pretty and kind though. You got to at least admit to that." Jimin said.

"Okay, just don't tell her I said it. She is. I don't feel anything now for other girls. I can't even watch porn. Junior only rises for Jinri. Anyway, why are you asking? Are you having second thoughts hyung?"

"Not really. I just— I feel— I hate that she's rich. Not because she can do a lot of things with those money but— I don't wanna live in Bruscela. With that money, how can she choose a life over here than there. You know what I mean?"

"Why did you fucking buy the ring in the first place?" I said.

"When I saw her carry Jimin's baby, it was game over for me. I— I don't know. I want to marry her right then. Sounds stupid I know but, when we stayed at your house. I saw her waking up and she doesn't even panic like she smiles all the time and — I miss her so bad."