One Bullet - One Life

A/N:

A/N:

Isn't she cute.

She would like for you to click on the vote button.

You wouldn't make her sad, would you?

----------------------------------

Chapter 39

Kane's P.O.V:

'Bang'

That small sound.

That small object.

That small movement.

That was all it took to end someone's life.

"NO!" Ella's voice broke over the sound of the gunshot but her word was not enough to stop the life threatening entry point, nor the burst of pain that would follow after.

Without a second thought, she pushed herself to her feet and moved away from her mother. The woman pulled her back and pushed her onto the ground. With shouts of anger and disbelief she slammed her head into the ground repeatedly. With every slam, the pain would intensify and I could see her eyes were becoming duller. The life was slowly being drained from her as the blood rushed to her brain.

Out of pure desperation, I managed to pry the duct tape off my wrists and grab the gun from the man who was supposed to guard me. I shot him in the knee so he would not try to stop me. I had to take a deep breath to calm my shaking hands.

I aimed carefully and fired.

Again, the shot rang out as the small movement triggered a small object to injure someone. Ella's mother cried out and was forced backwards by the momentum of the shot. She was clutching her shoulder and writhing in unbearable pain.

Ella's unconscious form made Mony shout out again. She was so still with not an ounce of strength left in her body. Simon was just as still but he had more colour surrounding him. A pool of his own blood was seeping into the tiles around him.

I sprinted over to Mony and grabbed the duct tape in my hands. I ripped it apart and pulled her off the chair just as police sirens announced the arrival of our freedom. We both moved to Ella and Mony lifted her head onto her lap. We were both crying and gently moving the hair from her face.

Her face was too pale for the blackness of her hair. Her life too short to end now. Her body too cold to still be alive.

"Please, be okay, Ella. You have to be okay," Mony sobbed helplessly and gripped onto her hand. Her hand was colder than the rest of her. The warmth of her smile was disappearing from this world and it was breaking me into tiny pieces.

"Just hold on, Princess. Hold on," I begged her as I forced myself upright. I stumbled to the front door and turned the key. I wrenched it open and shouted hoarsely to the armed men in the police car.

"We need help! Please! She's dying!"

They hurriedly lowered their weapons and men rushed past me into the house, paramedics close behind them. A police officer pulled me to the side and told me they would do everything they could.

"What happened, son?" he asked me gently. I was barely able to remove my gaze from the house long enough to look at him. I swallowed heavily.

"Mony was kidnapped... we tried everything... we planned it so well. We didn't know what would happen. God... Simon was shot and... Ella... and... it just happened so quickly," I tried to explain but it came out as a jumbled mess. I knew I wasn't making any sense but I only cared about Ella.

"Will she be okay?" I asked him in desperation. "She was so cold and she wasn't moving and..."

"We're doing everything we can, son. Come with me so we can call your parents," he ordered but it was pointless. My dad arrived minutes later with my mother in the passenger seat.

"Kanneth!" he shouted and his voice was as hoarse as mine was as he ran over the front yard to where the police officer was trying to calm me. The minute my mother was close enough I sunk into her and allowed her to wrap her arms around me as I sobbed into her shoulder.

"It was awful... she was bleeding... they haven't brought her out yet and... oh, god..." I tried to explain again but it was useless. She only soothed me with small words and held me close. My father thanked the officer and joined my mother in keeping me away from the world as I cried.

I heard the shouts of paramedics and immediately looked up. There was three of them gathered around a stretcher with a familiar figure was laid on. Her face wasnt covered so she couldnt be dead. Orders were being shouted and equipment prepared.

I spotted Mony in the doorway as still and silent as a ghost. She was as pale as Ella and shaking from fear. I pulled away from my parents and ran over to her. She saw me too and fell into my arms crying her heart out. We sat like that, on the porch sobbing, for more than an hour. Until the ambulance made for the nearest hospital with us, in my parents car, close behind.