Seven 👀

ALEC

Prince Damien Valmont ... the lost vampire prince. He has been lost since the war between the werewolves and vampires started, let alone ended.

If he had been there, maybe we wouldn't still be living in the shadows. His disappearance caused the king to become far to reckless in his plans, ending in our numbers growing too low to continue the fight.

And to think, he is trapped as a house cat. It is pretty damn funny.

I heard Zyn leave my house this morning, lucky bastard. I'm stuck down here in the basement till the sun sets.

All the more time to think.

Who would trap Damien in the body of a cat? The wolves would, but would require a witch to get the job done. They were on the same side. For him to be trapped this long, must be an old and powerful one.

I pull out my cell and dial Jacob's number.

"Alec ... the sun is up. We should be sleeping. Not enough that I had to hunt on my own last night, but my ghoul spent the whole night disolving your last-"

"I know. I owe you. But listen to me. Are you alone?"

"Yeah. You know I am."

"I found Prince Damien."

The line is silent for a few seconds. He must be processing.

"He is trapped in the form of a house cat."

"Did Zyneth find out too?"

"Oh, he sure did," I sigh. "Lets hope he respects the vampire side of himself enough not to tell the other mutts. If he does, we may have a problem."

"Yeah, Victor has been trying for a pureblood heir for decades now. He doesn't have many years before he goes under for a slumber."

Being as ancient as he is, every few centuries he goes into a hibernation-like state. They say it helps keep the ancient purebloods from growing completely crazy. If that is true or not is debateable.

"And the Prince is our best shot at not having every power grabbing vampire fighting for control of that throne," I take a deep breath. "First, we have to break the spell. If I get some of his blood-"

"Yeah, sure," he interrupts me. "Get me an O negative, blonde, preferably tall. I want her before you hand me the vial this time. No more 'oweing me one'."

"Easy," I smirk. "You will have her tonight. I'll get some of his blood when I can. Stay close."

"Keep our prince safe."

"Plan to," and with that I ended the call.

Rubbing my temples I pull up a site on my phone and place an order for tonight. Five thousand for an O negative blonde. At least he didn't specify her to be a virgin. That would have added another zero.

I love technology. Makes this even easier. Great for a quick fix when I don't feel like putting in an effort to hunt.

Now to try and figure out how I'm going to get some of his blood. I know he won't willingly just let me take it.

- - - - - - - - -

ZYN

I followed them in the yellow beetle they rode to her parent's house. The car had this horrible scent of pot and burning oil. It was an easy scent to follow.

I stayed in the shadows, my black fur blending in perfectly.

I watched as Beth and her sister got out the car and saw her parents by the small country style home. I went to take a step closer, out of the woods that bordered their property, and felt a horrible stinging burn shoot through my body, causing me to leap back. I almost yelped. Fucking wards? How?