Thirteen 👀

ALEC

This is not how I had my night planned.

Instead of being at my home, I'm traveling out back into the city to meet with Victor.

Shit.

I have to be careful. I didn't mention Prince Damien to him, but Jacob did ... fucking hell. He didn't know the truth, that Victor wants him dead.

So, here I am, sitting in this dark club, just fucking waiting for Victor to show up.

I may have almost drained a girl or two, but my nerves are fucking shot. I didn't kill them. Can't risk someone stumbling across a body while I'm here.

I need to calm down.
Play it cool.
He can't suspect anything... or I'm as good as dead.

When I spot him enter the club, I stand from the booth. It never fails, anytime he ever enters a room, every vampire knows it.

He's a powerful pureblood, and that power radiates off him.

Even humans notice him. Women are drawn to his power like catnip for their pussys and men steer clear unless they're queer.

He makes his way over, adjust his jacket, dismisses his bodyguards, then sits. Only then do I join him.

"Alec Kelmire, its been far too long since we spoke. How are things?"

"Can't complain," I reply with a smile. I have to keep him from being suspicious of me.

"I must say, I miss having you around my court. You were always loyal to the throne, very rare now a days."

"I still am loyal, your majesty. I know I don't travel to the social gatherings as much as I used to, but I like the more solitary life I lead now."

"Beside that neighbor of yours? Tell me about her." He leans forward, folding his hands together as his eyes bore into mine, shimmering their violet hue.

Shit... he doesn't need to know I know shes his daughter ... play it cool. Breathe, relax, keep your fucking heart calm. No fuck ups.

"She's quiet, not many friends. Hot as hell, but you know you don't hunt where you live. Don't want any unwanted attention. Why ask about her? She done something?"

"You could say that," he replies, waving over one of the serving girls. All he has to do is whisper in her ear and look into her eyes. Poor girl is under his compulsion.

She sits down beside him and immediately her hands go to his lap, her head soon follows.

Thankfully there is a table between us, but the sloppy sounds let me know exactly what he has made her do for him.

I hate it when others use the glamor gift like this. I prefer a completely willing participant. She clearly isn't, but can't stop herself.

"I'm looking for her," he strokes his hand through the woman's blonde hair that I see bob up and down over the edge of the table. "When did you last see her?"

"A day or two ago. Hard to say for sure. Followed her to Zyneth's club. I'm sure you remember him."

"My ... hybrid mutt, of course I remember him. Apparently he's one of her mates. The other ... is a vampire." He groans a little as the blonde sucks him off.

Shit... he may know I'm the other mate. I have to be careful.

"Two mates?"

"Shes a female pureblood, of course she has multiple mates." He groans again, ugh. "You know as well as I do ... only pureblood females can support life in their womb."