Thirty Six 👀

DAMIEN

Those impatient wolves have fucked up my plan.
No longer will we have Victor, his goons, or his guests distracted with the ball and the politics that accompany it.
I hope Beth managed to get his blood, but I doubt she has had time.

Shit.

I break a window, and as I suspected an alarm goes off. That should draw some attention my way.

I climb into the estate I once called home. When Victor is dead, I will call it home again.

Sure enough, as soon as I cross into the home, five guards rush and abruptly stop in front of me.

"Prince Damien?"
"How?"
"Aren't you dead?"

Ah, his guards haven't all been in the loop it seems. I straighten my jacket, tilting my head to the celing. "Where is my loving father?"

They pause, but one reaches for his walky talky.

"Prince Damien is here to see Victor."

"You know what, I'll just go look for him myself," I push past them easily and start making my way down the halls. "Oh Father?! Come greet your son!"

Stall, hold his attention. Alec and Zyn need enough time to find Beth. The wolves, well, they can handle themselves.

- - - - - - - - -

ALEC

We heard the alarm blaring and took that as our cue to enter.
I can hear the 'party' carrying on down the hall. The chorus of moans is unmistakable.

How did I ever find it satisfying? I don't know. Now, with Beth and dare I even admit Zyn, thats all I need.

I look over and see Zyn noticeably paler, slightly green. "You aren't going to vomit are you?"

"Lets just get Beth and get out," he quickly states and starts walking down the hallway.

"Wait," I grab his arm when an idea hits me. "Your wolf ... can't you do that shadowy trick? Disappear and reappear? Maybe you could do that and find Beth without even being spotted."

His eyes light up.
Why didn't we think of this earlier? Oh, yeah, we were kind of rushed into this plan and its a relatively new trick he can do.

He gives a quick nod and starts stripping out of his clothes.

He hands me his clothes, as if I could carry them. I just toss them into the nearest room. He doesn't need them. I'm comfortable enough in my sexuality to admit he is a good looking guy.

Shame he won't let me take that ass.

"Quit," he growls out, eyes shining with his wolf. He must be able to read my thoughts by my facial expressions like Beth can. Maybe I should work on that? Nah, I like that he knows what crosses my mind.

I just raise my hands and chuckle. "Sorry. Go sniff her out. Find her and get out of here."

He hesitates, wasting time. He then looks back to me, his eyes dire. Shit man, what are you thinking?
"What about you ... or Damien?"

"Aww you care."

"Shut the fuck up, fanger," he scoffs.

That's more like it.

"We will be fine. Just get her out of here and away. You know she won't be easy to convince ... so any means necessary to keep her safe."

He gives a firm nod then shifts down into his wolf form, smoke and fog clinging to his fur as he looks at me. He watches me as I watch him slowly seem to vanish into the shadows.