Twenty Seven 👀

A/N: sorry for the wait 😣

ALEC

I looked up, wondering where the sudden light was starting to come from, and when I did, I saw the night sky growing less dark and more ... blue.

I haven't seen the real sun in so long...

I had images of the sunrise made, put in my home, but they are nothing compaired to what it really looks like.

Or maybe thats just the nostalgia of my memories.

I feel a force slam into me and when I open my eyes, Beth has me against the back of a large tree, in the shadows.

Her eyes...

Tears hang in her lashes and I can't bare to see that sorrow in her eyes.

My hands cup her cheeks.

"Why are you smiling? The sun will kill you. I need to-"

I interrupt her with my lips against hers. I'll be damned if I let the witch get what she wants.

She wants a kid? With Beth's dna? No way in hell, not so long as I breathe.

Well, with the sun coming higher, that won't be much longer.

She breaks our kiss and gazes up at me with tear stained eyes.

"I'll be fine," I try to reassure her.

Sure. I'll probably go to hell, if it exists, but at least I lived a decent life. I done so many things, and most of all, I found her.

Damn thats cheesy...

"The sun though ... you'll..."

I look past her, seeing Zyn and Damien just standing at a distance. Both of them look regretful, somber.

Jeeze, its just my death. Hell, Zyn will have her to himself like he wants. And Damien ... well, he can be a substitute for her.

"Beth," I lift her face and gaze into those beautiful lavender eyes with small gold flakes. "Don't even think about doing what the witch asks. Ok? Don't trust her at all."

She nods, wrapping her arms around me tightly.

I hold her against me, knowing the sun will be higher, and this shadow will shrink.

Time is running out, and you know what? Part of me welcomes it. An end to ... everything, this long life I have lived...

But then ...

I look down at Beth in my arms. Her eyed squeezed so tight as she constricts my rib cage. Good thing I don't need air.

I can't leave her... finally I found someone who would make eternity not last so long... and expecially not with Victor around.

I know Damien is working on a plan in that head of his... and I will play some part. I need to live damnit.

She pulls me a little to the side and I see why. The shadow is moving.

The witch is making the sun move faster than normal. She wants me to burn, and fast.

"Beth, maybe you should go stand with Zyn." I need to think and she needs to be at a safe distance.

"No!" She growls and I wince a little from the force of it. The pureblood in her coming to the surface, damn she will be powerful when she gets full control of her gifts.

"Remember what i said about fire?"

"I do, and I don't care."

"Yes you do. Go stand with Zyn... please." When i turn to flames and ash, I don't want it to burn her too.