Scary Lady and Carriages

(John Laurens POV)

"Who the heck are you?" Angelica yells as soon as we step outside. She's everything I've heard rumors about. She has curly brown hair that flows down her shoulders, and when she moves it crashes like waves in a storm.

"John Laurens," I say. "Alex's best man."

"You're a soldier too, then?" Angelica speiclates, looking me up and down- almost baring into my soul with her brown eyes. 

"Yes, ma'am- I mean Angelica!" I amend quickly. 

She laughs at me, and I'm pretty sure it's genuine. She's hard to read. "Good job." She spins around to face her sister and Alex, and her salmon dress snaps with her, ruffling a cool breeze in my direction. "We should be going." Angelica turns to face me, her red lips tugged back in a smile. "Your speech is ready?"

"Of course," I say simply. She grabs me by the hand and leads me over to the newly-weds, who are now surrounded by the other members of the bridal party, all of which I know in some way or another. 

"Have the carriages arrived yet? To transport us to the reception?" Angelica barks in the sweetest way possible at her sister.

"They are coming down the street right now," Eliza says with a quick nod. She turns back to Alex, and they grasp hands. Her wedding dress has a tiny hint of blue, I notice, and then wonder if I was staring too long. 

Three carriages land in the pathway a second later, each sparkling a golden color of the wood. Alex gestures for Eliza and Angelica to go into the first carriage, and helps them up. I notice that he looks at Eliza and Angelica for almost the same length of time, the same loving stare, even if Eliza holds his look with more pronounced love. 

Alex turns back to me and sticks out his hand. "As my best man, do come into the carriage." I don't even blush as he helps me into it. I'm excited, assuming I get to sit next to Alex. A second later, Angelica scoots around so she's sitting next to me. Lovely