If I Could

(John Laurens POV)

My cheeks heat up as I jog home, twisting through the city streets. My thoughts chase after me, wondering what I did that Alex pulled the 'you love me' card. 

I know I'm always complaining that I wish he knew I liked him, but now that he knows, it's terrifying. He can tug on my heartstrings all he wants, and I still can't mess with his.

Alexander's a happy jerk, with a nice wife and a skill with the pen. No matter how much I hate him, I still love him, but that's an unsolvable problem.

At least, at least maybe I have a chance with Angelica. Apparently, she has a crush on me and... If I'm being honest with myself, I like her. Angelica's better then Alex, with her intense kindness she won't admit and her insane amount of intelligence that sparkles in her eyes like flame. She's shockingly beautiful, with her pink dress and her dark hair, sometimes tied in a bun.

And, better then Alexander for sure, she likes me back. And I'm better then Hamilton, I'm not going to sit back and laugh as she struggles with liking me-- I'm going to give this a shot. 

Now I just have to find her... When I finally get to the tavern I'm staying at, I resist the urge to collapse. Instead, I hail a carriage and head to Schuyler mansion, where Peggy told me to meet her if I wanted to talk.

As the horseman travels under the starlight to take me to the mansion, I rather miss the speed of Angelica and I's flight. Hopefully, I'll go with her again soon.