What Have I Done?

(Laurens POV)

"Angelica Schuyler, aye?" Laf asked, his French accent hitting the name all wrong-- not that I was particular. It's not my name or a name that is in anyway important to me.

This is what it has been like all week. Rumors only grow, and, thanks to the carriage ride, the whole world was speculating that I was in love with Angelica, who is way out of my league, by the way.

The world didn't think that, however. Gossip polluted the air like smoke, about how the young abolitionist son of the famous Laurens, and one of the scariest Schuyler sisters, were a match made in heaven.

I may like Angelica a small bit, but she definitely didn't like me.

"Shut up, Laf," I said.

"AW! Laurens is blushing!" Herc yelled from the other side of the room, where he was busy sewing some pants.

"I am not," I said, realizing I was a bright red. Like tomatoes-colored red.

"You loveeee Angelica," Laf added. "That's so cute!"

Herc started winking ferociously. 

"I DO NOT!" I objected, my voice rising a couple octaves. Alexander would be in any minute.

Oh wait, oh merde, he was already there.

The door ripped open. Enter Alexander, who was holding pen and paper. "What the heck? Really, Laurens?" Alexander started giggling and wouldn't shut up.

"NO I SWEAR! No REALLY!" The room exploded into laughter even harder.

Of course, the wives entered as well. Elizabeth Schuyler-Hamilton and Elizabeth Sanders-Mulligan rushed in, dresses a flurry of green and blue and black. Laf's wife was back in France-- he was a strange one.

"My sister? Laurens!" Eliza said. "I mean, she's not even that hot, don't you dare tell her I said that."

"But she's smart... OOH ELIZA, THEY'D BE PERFECT!" Elizabeth jumped up and down.

"She better not like him back," Eliza muttered distastefully. Why was she a grump? She walked over and hugged Alex.

"I don't think she does either," Laf added. "We all know I'm reliable with the ladies."

"NO I AM!" Hercules objected, then saw his wife give him a death glare.

"AND I GOTTA SAY I THINK SHE LIKES HIM BACK!" Enter Peggy, with a grin and a sheet of paper.

A//N: This chapter is inspired by real events. But the like-him-back part. What type of fantasy world do u think  I live in?