Introducing Our Special Friends

(Angelica's POV)

Well, this was wonderful. Stuck with Laurens, AGAIN, as we waited for all the other members of the bridal party to go forward. There was a lot. First went Laf and Peggy, then Burr and Thep, then George and Martha, then Herc, and finally Laurens and I were shoved along. 

"So how are you?" he asked.

"You know," I snapped back.

"Erm, it's cold in here?" He said.

"The weather?" I shook my head "Not answering."

"PLEASE WELCOME," a booming voice echoed, "JOHN LAURENS AND ANGELICA SCHUYLER!"

Laurens' freckled face turned a light pink, rather similar to the pinkish tint of my dress. He stumbled a bit trying to step over the dance floor.

"If you fall, I'll kill you," I muttered. He flinched.

"Sorry!" He yelped.

"Don't flinch. You look like I'm scaring you," I said quietly, under my breath. 

"Wait, you don't realize you're scary?" Laurens blurted out. "Sorry," he said, making a shoo-shoo gesture with his hand. "FORGET ABOUT IT!' he amended quickly.

"Wait, I scare you?" I laughed as I realized we had arrived at the table for the Bridal party. Our assigned seats were next to each other. Were Alex and Eliza, what's the word, shipping us? I needed to talk to my sister, asap. Of course, Laurens didn't let that happen as soon as he pulled out a chair. 

"Do sit down," Laurens explained as he sat down. I did, and he sat down next to me. He carefully took a sip of water- or was that wine? 

"Explain!" I barked.

"You seriously have never been told you're scary?" he asked, green eyes widening.

"I've been told I'm intense... or insane?" I recommend, counting on my fingers. "But that isn't scary."

"Yes, it's freaking terrifying," Laurens said, right as the audience shuffled in all the way.

"How?" I asked quietly, straightening my napkin on my lap. It was a blue-ish green, a combination of Alex and Eliza's favorite colors.

"It just is... I don't know, sorry okay?" Laurens rambled right as Lafayette got up, and in a strong French accent yelled:

"a toast to the bride!"