Home Again

(John Laurens POV)

As she took my hand and led me away, my heart dropped. Why and where were we going? Why was the beautiful Angelica Schuyler leading me out the doors and through the lawn? Wait, did I just call Angelica Schuyler beautiful? 

"So... we going to need a carriage?" I asked.

"Perhaps," Angelica smiled, a glimmer in her dark eyes.

"A candle?"

"Sure," Angelica said. Her smirk had turned into a grin.

"What?" I practically begged, but instead, she pulled me straight into a carriage. She sat me down, and I was surprised to see her step straight into the driver's seat, grabbing the wip without a flinch. We took off without warning and went faster then I thought would make sense.

"Angelica?" I screamed through barred teeth.

"Yes?" She asked calmly.

"Why are we moving so quickly?" I begged.

"Well, you still need to be at Alexander's for the bachelor's party, right?" Angelica replied. "But I still want time with you, so we're hurrying." 

"But how did you learn to drive a carriage?" Women didn't drive carriages-- not in this century, at least. And definitely not proper ladies such as Angelica Schuyler.

"Peggy," Angelica replied simply. 

"But how?" My eyes widened, turning into green pools of water.

"Ha," was the only response I got back. 

As the pace quickened and quickened and the night air soared into my eyes, I felt the food and alcohol in my stomach spin around.  Oh goodness gracious, NO. 

"Can we please slow--sloow down, Ange-Ang?" I asked. I could barely get the word Angelica out.

Angelica turned back to me with a smirk. "Don't call me Ang. Or Angel, for that matter." She sped up before I could explain I was about to vomit.

Angelica's rush forward made me puke all over myself, the grossest green stuff I had ever seen.

As her eyes widened in confusion, she barely managed to control the horse. She turned the reins just before we rammed into the tree. Sighing as she narrowly avoided the mess, she turned back, laughing at me.

"Green, the color of envy."

*****YES I KNOW MY CHAPTERS ARE SHORT. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFICTION. IF YOU WANT LONGER CHAPTERS, CHECK OUT "PEGGY ISN'T A WALLFLOWER", MY SECOND FF. IT'S DOUBLE THE LENGTH PER CHAPTER.