This Is Enough

(John Laurens POV)

Today was the day and for once I was more then satisfied with it.

Angelica, my bride, walked down the aisle, a smile on her thin face. Her dark hair was pulled back in a graceful bun, swirls running down the sides of her face. She had no veil, which, according to her, was because "I already knew her and she didn't have to hide herself." It was going to be hard to have a wife so much smarter then myself.

For a second, I considered looking to Alexander, an ache in my heart for his familar smile and gleaning eyes, but now wasn't the time. Alexander had his life ahead of him, and in that life I would never be more then a friend.

Eliza, however, I could look to. She was looking at me, a tear in her eye. 

Peggy was grinning and giving me a thumbs up.

I chuckled feintly and turned back to my bride and best friend, Angelica Schuyler. Sorry I keep saying bride. I just can't believe my luck.

She had insisted that her father wasn't to give her away and had somehow gotten away with it. Every face in the large audience was turned towards her, amazed to see the oldest wittiest prettiest most amazing Schuyler sister about to be married.

Hercules had made her dress; it was a lovely empire waisted thing with twirls of lace and long flowing sleeves. It didn't apear to be of this time, just as Angelica herself wasn't. Oh, if this world didn't hold her down.

I fully intended not to.

Angelica smiled at me, then started running down the aisle and into my arms.

The pastor sighed, a bit shocked by it. 

Alexander passed him the rings. "Nobody objects. Just marry them already." 

I smiled as I grabbed Angelica's hand and took a ring, slipped it on her finger. "I promise to love you, to cherish you, and to never ever frustrate your freedom."

Angelica took my hand, sending butterflies down my spine and into my blood. "I promise I can't stop loving you."

And then, at the same time, we both said: "i do."

"You may now kiss the bride," the preacher said, and I heard Hercules yelling 'GET IT!'

Angelica leaned in first and so we kissed... It felt like the happiest enternity.