RAISE A GLASS TO ELIZA!

(Angelica's POV)

Let's go John Laurens? What the heck is that supposed to mean, Peggy? She's strange sometimes, sarcastic and sweet, loyal and rebellious, father's favorite and the troublemaker. Nobody ever believes whatever I say about her opposites. People will always say it's a game of contradictions, but, with her, it's actually true.

Anyway, back to Laurens. He stood up awkwardly. His smile creates little swirling universes in his face. "A toast to Eliza Schuyler!" he yells, which is loud, considering he's standing right next to me. I find it funny he forgets her full name is Elizabeth, but then again, I worry he's a bit drunk based on his slur on the word Schuyler.

"It's Elizabeth," I correct quietly, after a moment's pause.

"A TOAST TO ELIZABETH SCHUYLER!" He corrects and puts his drink in the air. He's very loud, louder than before. 

"Dearie, her last name is Hamilton, now," Alexander corrects.

"Fine," Laurens says, blushing. "A TOASSSTTT TOOOO ELLLLIZAAAABETTTHHHH HAMILTTTTOONNNNN!" He shouts it so loudly I'm worried he's going to break the class. His voice is high. 

"Sorry, bro, but it's Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton," Hercules Mulligan adds in a fatherly tone. I've always gotten the feeling he's the dad of the group, though more funny then the other dad friend, George Washington.

"A TOE-STA TU EL-EYE-ZA-BETH SKY-LAR HAM-IL-TON!" He yells, enunciating every letter. He smiles and raises his glass so hard he dumbs it all over on me.

"Sorry!" he yelled. He quickly sat down and tried to clean me off.

"No," I growled,"Get up and give the stupid speech!"

"Okay, okay," Laurens said, shaking his head. He gets back up, and I could swear tears sparkle in his eyes as he makes his speech. There have always been rumors of Laurens being more than friends with Alex, but I never believed it. Now that I see the water in his green eyes, and the intensity of his speech, I believe it.

"Alexander Hamilton is my closest friend. Through long and short, I have stood by my side. I would say he's stayed by my side, but I only ever end up in trouble because of him. Eliza, he's a piece of work. He's loud and abrasive, sees a little too far in the future to make good choices, and loves his friends as much as he hates his enemies. Be careful, love. He always has a plan, and never trust him if he doesn't tell you something. I can only promise two things of Alex: he's going to do whatever he can do, and he'll do it well. With that, I leave you. Please take care of him..." He looked down at his feet, wiping a tear away as he raised a glass. "RAISE A GLASS TO HAMLIZA!"

I smile and clap politely as he yells, "Alright, alright. That's what I'm talking about. NOW, EVERYBODY GIVE IT UP FOR ANGELICA SCHUYLER!"