School-Kid Crush

(John Laurens POV)

"Whattttttt?" Laf asked, grinning like a surprised child. 

"What did she write?" Alexander asked, right as Eliza grabbed the paper out of Angelica's hand... What was up with Eliza anyway? 

"It isn't even Angelica's handwriting. It says 'Do You Like Angelica? Y/N'." Eliza said, smiling a bit. Was she... god forbid... jealous?

I remained silent, as I knew not what to say.

"Laurens?" Hercules prodded, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his hot pants.

I shrugged.

"John?" Alex asked. 

I smiled confusedly. Ah yes Alex, now you can tell I like someone. AFTER ALL THOSE FLIPPING YEARS OF NEVER BEING ABLE TO TELL.

"John freaking Laurens, do you like my sister, yes or no?" Eliza said harshly. I needed to ask Angie or someone what was up with her.

Alex cuddled her (it was so cute yet made me so jealous). The blue and green played together nicely. "Give him more time, sweetie Betsey dearest."

I looked around the room. Everyone looked so happy with whoever they loved. Hercules was holding his Elizabeth's hand, looking at her with a smirk such as 'see what I got? Think about it, you could have a SCHUYLER SISTER!' Which was mildly offensive, but I'll let it slide. Laf was behind Hercules, trying to whisper but failing 'THEY'D BE SO CUTE, HERC. SO CUTE.' His French accent made it sound super funny, like... I don't know how to say? 

Eliza and Hamilton were deep in each others arms. My dear boy made me so jealous... What had happened to us? He talked to me every day, but he still loved Eliza, so... What did that make me? 

But anyway, I'm not getting jealous right now. I'm looking back at Peggy, who's smiling wildly, waiting for the moment I say 'I do like your sister'. She's bouncing up on her toes, so happy she might have found Angelica a fashionable courtship who agrees with her politically.

I might only have a bit of a school-kid crush on Angelica, but for some reason, I say:

"I think i kinda do." I don't know if it's to make Alexander jealous, or maybe even Eliza, or if it's to find happiness or find belonging. All I know is that i say:

"I think I kinda do."

A//N' Ugh, 'I think I kinda do' would make a good name for this book, but i like 'Should've Been Mine' as a title more. Right?