Laf Rambles On and Peggy's Kinda Cute

A//N: I'm tired and on vacation, so this chapter might stink. If you can't tell, this isn't very planned and I really want Angelica's POV for Lauren's speech and since I'm switching back and forth every chapter... Sorry! (at least I learned how to use italics and bolds on here)

(John Laurens POV)

I watched amusedly as Lafayette stumbled up from his seat across from me and headed to the middle of the horseshoe-shaped table. His hair was already slightly a mess if in a rather cute way, curls bouncing around his face. He was wearing the groomsmen green everyone but me was confined to (I had chosen a nice plain white button up thing... what's the word? overcoat?)

"To the bride!" he yelled, following the tradition of the groomsmen toasting to the bride. We had considered letting him or Herc act as the groom's father usually would, and toast to the union, but I was worried they would make it seem dirty.  He toasted his pint in the air, sloshing a little around. Knowing Laf, it was probably stronger than my Sam Adam's.

Lafayette grinned at Alexander and began his speech. "Ever since I met Alexander here," he jabbed his hand at Alex with another lopsided smile, "I doubted I would ever see him get married. You see, this man is quite a flirt." Alex blushed, shaking his head. Eliza smiled warmly. "However, now here we are. I am toasting to the lovely Eliza, so I thought I should give three pieces of free advice on how to survive the most obnixvous," he butchered the word with his French accent," Alexander Hamilton who-has-no-middle name!" 

"Well, you took them all!" Herc yelled from his seat, which was covered in the flowers from the bucket.

"Can you even remember?" Lafayette asked, and, drunkily forgetting the speech, ran off to pester Hercules before he finished it. Those two.

Alexander stood up, happy that Laf had forgotten his toast, and called out in a booming (if still slightly nasal) voice: "Next, our favorite bridesmaid, Margaret Schuyler!"

"It's Margarita!" The youngest Schuyler sister yelled out (I know there were more Schuyler Sisters but I don't feel like dealing with it)

She, a slim brunette with light-brown skin, stood up, rocking a yellow dress (the bridesmaids did whatever they wanted, color-wise). "First of all, may I say a toast to the groom, Alexander Hamilton! He's a pretty okay guy, immigrating all the way over here to steal my sister," she said, her voice dropping to show sarcasm, something I had never been particularly good at). Everyone laughed. Even if she wasn't a staring character, she was the talk of the town. Sarcastic, sweet, intelligent, and without a rumor of ever getting with a guy, she was Philip Schuyler's favorite. 

"Anywho," she began, "I'm really happy for them. If Alexander does anything, I will fight him, but nobody could ever do anything to Eliza, so," she smirked. "I have nothing to be worried about. Don't have too many kiddos, don't die, stay true, and don't forget about me!" She walked away, a glass of wine in hand, heading towards a lady in a red dress decidley.

"Um, Peggles, you need to announce my man of honor!" Eliza called out, a bit of cinnamon roll in her mouth.

"Oh yes," Peggy said. "Everybody, let's go, John Laurens!"