Oh Angie

(John Laurens POV)

I felt my stomach shrink into itself, tying together into a mess of insects and alcohol. Oh dang, she knew. What was she going to say? Whatever was between Alexander and I definitely wasn't socially acceptable-- and not legal, to be sure. 

"Oh Laurens," Angelica shook her head, folding her hands over her dress.

"I know it's bad!" (A//N:  HOMOSEXUALITY, AT THIS TIME, WAS PUNISHABLe BY DEATH IN SOME STATES, AND WAS A FELONY IN ALMOST ALL)

Angelica smiled a bit. Wait, why? "Can I tell you something?"

"What?" I responded.

"I can agree with you on that," Angelica said, a tear shimmering down her cheek.

"What? You're like that?" I said. Imagine that? Angelica Schuyler?

"No!" She blushed. "I mean, not that I have anything against that. but..." She looked at me. "Promise you won't tell Eliza?"

Oh.... She loved Alex? Sheesh, he could have a fan club. 

"Of course," I smiled. As her eyes flickered in the darkness, I almost wanted to ask if I could kiss her. However, that small dream crashed as I realized that she was Angelica Schuyler (Hamilton's sister-in-law and super famous). Also, she was probably not interested... She was probably just hiding how freaked out she was. Anyway, it was Alex's freaking wedding night! Oh yes, the bachelor party! 

She began to walk farther into the kitchen. I grabbed her hand before she vanished off. "Shouldn't we head back to the wedding? We are the best friends-- well, erm, you know what I mean. I'm sorry, but I have bachelor party and they're going to criticize us... If we're caught together here, and..."

She laughed. It sounded a bit like a choking donkey. "Oh yes," she smirked. "Rumours only grow."

(SORRY THAT WAS A BIT MESSY.... LOL THIS WHOLE BOOK IS MESSY)