Burn

(Angelica POV)

"I can't, my dearest Peggy." I shook my head. "He probably doesn't want my hand in marriage for anything but money, and therefore I will choose option two and ignore him."

Peggy grinned from her spot on the bed. "He might though!" She jumped off, and started pacing with me. "And you'll never know until you try." She paused, and looked at the floor as if complimating her decisions. "And you can't ignore him. He lives too close."

"I can ignore him." Peggy shook her head. "Fight me!"

"Gladly," Peggy said. Ugh younger sisters.

"Go away." 

Peggy scribbled something on a piece of paper and vanished.

*********

What in the world was Peggy doing? She was going to be the death of me. What in the giddly wak had she said to Laurens? What was up with the piece of paper?

I can't even. I sunk into bed a couple hours later, in a nice night robe. I was almost asleep when Peggy ran in.

"HE LIKES YOU BACK! KINDA!" She bellowed, jumping up and down and throwing me a piece of paper.

The scroll read, in Peggy's beautiful (not) handwriting, 

JOHN LAURENS, DO YOU LIKE ANGELICA Y/N?

He had scribbled KINDA. 

"Oh what the heck, Peggles?" I said, sighing and internally dying. 

"KINDA!" Peggy said, jumping onto my bed.

"He probably means as a friend," which, I added in my head, couldn't be enough.

"I don't know, Angie. I made it pretty clear what like meant," she said and started winking ferociously, to the point she looked like she was dying.

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

A//N: Heeeyyyy my readers ily guys ur the best. THANKS FOR ALL THE READS.