Let's Have Another Round

(John Laurens POV)

Well, that ended badly. As I walked into the large room again, I felt a hand grab mine. For a second, my heart skipped a beat, thinking it was Alexander. It wasn't-- the dark ringlets belonged to none other than Lafayette.

"Hey, John-john! Let's go to the tavern." Laf grinned. 

"Okie Dokie then," I smiled awkwardly. 

He pulled me along, obviously a bit drunk. However, as soon as he saw Hercules, he abandoned me to laugh into his shoulder.

"John's so hot!" Laf said, laughing.

"What?" I was really confused.

Hercules giggled. "In French, saying, someone, is Chaude (hot) can imply they are embarrassed. It just... sounds weird  in English."

"When did you learn French?' I asked. Laf began to explain, a little hot himself, but Herc cut him off.

"Let's find Alexander and get a drink tonight!" Herc grinned and started to jog off, Laf following behind. 

"Wait up," I had never been very good at running. I was more an almost get murdered in battle type. 

Eventually, we found Alex, leaning on Peggy, a bit drunk. "Heeeyyyy Laurens." He smiled softly.

"Wanna head to the tavern?" I asked.

Peggy has shoved aside as soon as I mentioned the word tavern. 

"Yes! And then it's finally the honeymoon!" Alex yelled happily. I made a puking gesture, grabbed his hand, and walked off with Laf and Alex to the tavern.

**********

"RAISE A GLASS TO FREEDOM! SOMETHING YOU SHALL NEVER SEE AGAIN! NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU!" I screeched a few hours later, my fifth glass of Sam Adam's dancing in the light of the torches.

"LET'S HAVE ANOTHER ROUND TONIGHT!" Laf added.

Alex smiled. He was about to whisper something to me, right as Aaron Burr walked in, scaring him half to death. 

"Why if it isn't Aaron Burr, sir?" Alexander regained his composure quickly. Aaron nodded, smiling (like always). "I didn't think that you would make it."

"To be sure sir." Aaron nodded again. Always in agreement, always sure of himself, but never enough to say it aloud.  "I came to say congratulations." Alex got up. Burr fidgeted as he looked around the table. "I see the whole gang is here."

"You are the worst, Burr," Lafayette muttered. His French accent was very French at the moment.

To save Laf from getting in trouble I interrupted with the only rumor I had ever heard of Burr. Leaning right in-between Alex and Burr, I muttered: "Well, I've heard you've got a little something on the side, burr."

"What are you trying to hide Burr?" Hercules muttered.

"I should go," Burr said, his eye's widening a bit.

"No, these guy's should go."  Alex smiled roughly and pushed us away.

Me having 10 pints of Sam Adam's didn't help with my emotional state after being left by both Alexander and Angelica in one night. 

A//N: YAY! DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE LITTLE HAMILTON STAR TO SHOW ME UR LOVING MY TERRIBLE LITTLE STORY.