Into My Arms

A//N: Sorry it took me song long to update, my dudes. I just got home from vacation. I should be updating more regularly now.

(John Laurens POV)

I stared at Angelica, shocked to see a tiny watery dot scaling it's way down her cheek. It brought out the brightness in her eyes-- made it look like an infinity of sparkles would one day be painted on her skin.

She shuffled a second, a step forward to me, a step backward to him.

 Her lips pursed and she looked to him: a fine young man with beautiful black hair and bright eyes. The type of person who shouldn't even wear a shirt. He wasn't a soldier-- she would never have to fear for his life, fear that he would never come home.

She turned to me, eyebrows knitting. Up and down she looked at me, smirking a bit. She took a step forward, but then she turned back to John Church.

"I'm sorry dear, you have lovely beliefs, but I doubt that you would ever die for them," she said to John Church.

Then she turned to me, ran into my arms, grabbed my face, and pulled me to hers.

I almost shuved away, but I couldn't. I should say no to this... She had just kissed another man! But I couldn't. We kissed and kissed and kissed, eyes closed, for a long enough time I didn't notice Peggy whittle her way into the room. 

"Well then..." Peggy said and Angelica pulled away from me, turning to Peggy and collapsing in her arms sobbing.