034 • Multi

"I've been here for eight months Devin, it's time for me to go back to Los Angeles" I said, taking my clothes off of the hangers and folding them, setting them in my suitcase

"What about us" he said, I sighed before looking up at him.

"Devin, there is no us you and I both know that. You're the one who said you wanted no strings attached" I spoke.

Devin looked at his feet, nodding in agreement. "I know but still, you can't say there isn't something here" he said.

"Of course there's something here, but you and I both know that we would never work out" I said, stopping what I was doing and walking over to Devin, my arms wrapping around his torso as I looked up at him.

He sighed before nodding "I know" he said, before pressing his lips against mine.
"I just wish we could"

"Me too Devin" I said, before going back over to my suitcase.

I finished about an hour later due to all the distractions from Devin, and a mini nerf gun war.
"When do you leave?" He asked, as we laid down on the bed watching basketball.

"In the morning" I said, as I scrolled through my Instagram.

"Who's picking you up?" He asked, as I set my phone on the night stand, before resting my head on his chest.

"Joe" I said quietly, knowing the reaction I was going to get.

"I'm sorry, Joe? As in your ex boyfriend Joe?" He asked, sitting up so my head was no longer on his chest.

"That's the one" I said with a sigh.
"I would've asked Dacre but we're not on the best of terms right now"

"Why is that?" He asked, pulling me back into his chest, all of the anger leaving his body as he was concerned as to why my best friend and I weren't on the best of terms.

"Because of you" I said quietly, my head resting on his chest.

"What do you mean because of me?" He asked, sitting up again.

I sighed, before sitting myself on top of him, facing him.
"When he found out I was staying here he got upset because he apparently knew we would be more than just friends and he didn't want you to hurt me" I said looking down at him.

"So why'd you stay?"

"Because you're my best friend too, and I know you'd never hurt me" I said before smirking.
"Because you know I'd beat your ass if you did"

"Yeah yeah" he mumbled, pulling me into him so I was laying completely on top of him.
"Go to sleep you jerk"

"You don't have to tell me twice" I said, quickly falling asleep to Devin playing with my hair.

________

"Hey" I said, biting my lip as I walked up to Joe.

"Hey" He said quietly, smiling softly at me.
"Here let me get those" he said, grabbing my bags.