06| Preparty pooper

I flopped onto my bed, which we finally got put together this Wednesday, and pulled my phone out of my back pocket. Today was the day of the party and Claire is going to pick Aiden and I up and drive us to the party. I opened up my texts with Claire on my phone and typed up a new one.

I jumped up and started looking through my basket of clean folded shirts

I jumped up and started looking through my basket of clean folded shirts. What to wear, what to wear? I found a black tube top. I threw it onto my bed, then looked through my pants. I pulled out a pair of light wash ripped jeans and threw that on top of my shirt. Now for shoes, I looked through my boxes that contained a single pair of sandals, a pair of little Uggs, five pairs of sneakers, and a pair of black knee high boots. I decided to take my black knee high boots. I sprinted to the bar with my clothes and locked the door to change.

I twirled slowly in the mirror, watching my reflection to see every aspect of my outfit. I looked at my tiny feet. I reapplied a small amount of mascara, little touch of brown reddish eyeshadow and a nude lipstick. I sighed.

Unlocking and opening the bathroom door, I started practicing how to walk in the vaguely familiar shoes. I just want to make sure I don't hug the floor more than I already do on a daily basis.

My phone rang, making me jump and landed on my bum before I scrambled for it. I picked it up by the marble print pop socket I had gotten for my birthday last year and looked at the caller ID. Claire was calling, probably to tell me either I was late or she was late.

"Where the hell are you! You're brother is already in the car, hurry up!" She yelled excitedly. I hung up on her without a response and quickly grabbed my purse, shoving my phone in it, and running down the stairs. I was stopped by Colin, who blocked my exit, his arms crossed.

"Out of the way, Colin." I said, attempting to push him out of the way. But, as you would naturally expect, my attempt were no avail.

"Just stay safe, okay? Stick near Aiden or Claire. I don't need to lose another girl in my life." He sighed, stepping to the side so I could leave. I peered up at Colin, before giving him a tight hug. He patted me in the back before I quickly ran to the car.

Aiden was seated on the passenger seat, wearing a Nike t-shirt and a pair of black ripped jeans. It's funny, because usually I'm already bundled up and layered like an onion by this time of year, but even in mid-October there is a gentle warm breeze greeting me.
I could get use to this beautiful weather.

I hopped into the backseat and buckled my seat belt without a word. Claire looked at me and laughed, "Trying to impress somebody already?" Heat rose to my cheeks. Did I look to slutty? Should I change? Was there a stain on my shirt? I panicked intentionally until I realized that both of them upfront were laughing their buts off over my panicked face. I pulled my lips into a tight frown and crossed my legs.

"Wait, but you're wearing shorts shorts and a bralette!" I exclaimed, pointing at her. She shrugged and started driving, and suddenly I was feeling super self conscious, like I was a teen in a child's body.

Trying to get me to smile, Aiden turned around and started making silly faces. I bit the inside of my lip to keep me from cracking even the slightest smile. Finally, he sighed and turned back around. "Hey Brook, did Claire ever tell you what her last name is?" Claire tensed, but said nothing. Aiden snickered at her reaction, while I raised a curious eyebrow.

"Whaley."

I bit my lip harder, feeling the tips of my lips turning up into a smile. Tears formed in my eyes from laughter stacking up inside of me. I finally gave up and started cracking up, gasping for air at the end.

"I-is it true? Y-your last name is... Whaley?" I wheezed, Aiden showing off an accomplished smile in the background. Claire rolled her eyes, but smiled, parking the car a few houses away from a huge mansion that I assumed to be Nate's. Woah! I opened the car door and rolled out clumsily.

Beep! Beep! The car chirped as Claire locked it, shoving her keys into her back pocket. We skipped towards the building, all excited for the party to come. Thought in the back of my head, I kept reminding myself of the imminent presence of Alex, I was still looking forward to proving that I was perfectly capable of being social without getting into any danger.

At least, that's what I hope to do.

———————————————————————

Sorry for this sort chapter, however there is more to come

Don't forget to Vote and Follow:)
New chapters every Wednesday!

Don't forget to Vote and Follow:)New chapters every Wednesday!