48| Sushi roll

"Alex and Brooklyn, sittin' in a three, K-I-S-S-" Claire started to chant, taunting us. I was being curled up in a blanket to become a human burrito by Alex, while Claire hung her head off of the couch. None of use were watching the movie that we had turned on an hour ago.

"Claire, stooooooppp." I giggled. "Seriously, stop."

"-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the babies in the baby carriage!" She finished, ignoring my giggly pleads for her to stop. Alex laughed and continued rolling me up in the large blanket. "You two would make the cutest babies!" She squealed randomly. My cheeks turned a bright pink almost instantly, and Alex was stifling another round of laughter.

"Yeah, Brook we would make the cutest babies." He said, wiggling his eyebrow at me playfully. I scoffed and tried to kick him, but alas, my feet were wrapped in the blanket, weakening the force of the kick. "The sushi kicked me!"

"We need to cheer up the mad sushi roll." Claire exclaimed, rolling off the couch. Alex gasped with her and picked me up bridal style. My hands were tucked by my side inside the blanket, so I had no way to stop them. I just pouted, trying not to show how funny I thought this was.

Claire took me from Alex's arms and lied me down on the couch, and then they all piled on after me. "Is sushi roll isn't angry anymore?" She asked me.

I giggled and shook my head. "Sushi roll is not angry anymore."

"Good, that means she won't hit me when I do this." Alex said with a sly smile, before taking my face gently in his hands and kissed me. Claire quickly sat up and fished out her phone.

"And she won't hit me if I take a picture!" She squealed, clamping a hand over her mouth as she took a picture and quickly moved apps to post it. "Oh my god, my ship is finally real! What do you like better, Brex or Alyn? Let's go with Brex."

"What? No, don't post that!" I yelled, breaking away from Alex's kiss. Claire giggled mischievously. I was too late.

"Now you've made the sushi roll upset again." Alex complained. Claire shrugged and smiled happily, while I forced a smile off of my face.

💛🖤💛

Just as I was starting to nod off, Claire's phone dinged, signaling a notification and she jumped up. Looking at me with excitement, she announced. "Blair just got a month suspension for bullying!" I tried to jump up, forgetting that I was a 'sushi roll' and face planted into the furry carpet beneath me.

"Yay!" I exclaimed, my voice muffled by the carpet. "It's about time that she got suspended." I forced myself to wriggle, until I was lying on my back, the largest smile ever on my face.

"And you're going back the day after tomorrow, so maybe the hype of everything will have died down, you know?" Claire said, a huge smile on her face as well. Any evidence of me almost falling asleep just moments earlier is gone, replaced with excitement form the news of Blair's well earned suspension. I unrolled myself from the blanket, sitting up while I crossed my legs Indian style.

"Did I just hear that Blair got suspended?" Alex asked excitedly, only just now returning from the bathroom. Claire nodded enthusiastically.

"Yup! Nate just posted it on the school blog. It almost has as many likes as the video of Brook's huge cafeteria speech!" Wait, somebody got a video of that? Ugh, now I'm going to known as the weirdo who stands on high school cafeteria tables and gives a Martin Luther King Jr. type of speeches. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I guess.

"Oh, cheer up Brook! At least now your least favorite high schooler is suspended." Alex said optimistically. I laughed and nodded.

"Yup. I have to admit, I guess Tennessee isn't all that bad. Although, I am kind of disappointed that I still haven't seen any cowboys riding horses, while playing the banjo." I giggled.

"Well, I do look rather hot in a cowboy hat." Alex joked with a wink. I scoffed and rolled my eyes with a smile.

"Oh shut up." I simpered.

You know what? I was right.

Tennessee isn't that bad after all.

~The End~