24| Ski invite

I glanced over to Brook and sighed, poking a spoon into my bland and flavorless mashed potatoes

I glanced over to Brook and sighed, poking a spoon into my bland and flavorless mashed potatoes. It's been over a month, since she decided not to forgive me, and it seems like she's moved on greatly. She's laughing and smiling, Blair has left her alone, and she seems way less troubled. Maybe it was for the best.

"Alex? Dude, stop looking at her." Nate said, snapping me back to reality. I shook my head. He doesn't understand. But he's also right.

"Yeah, I need to move on. She clearly done that already." I said to nobody in particular, taking a bite of the disgusting mashed potatoes.

"Alright, that's it. Next week, for winter break, you're coming with me to the Ski Resort." Nate announced. I laughed at how much he wanted to lift my spirits.

"Okay, okay, I guess I don't have a choice, either?"

"Nope."

I sighed and smiled, taking one of Nathaniel's grapes and tossing it into my mouth. Yeah, I'm just being silly with all of this pining and junk. All I need to do is get outside and be more active again.

"I guess it's settled then: we're going skiing!" I said excitedly.

💛🖤💛

Nate walked up to Claire and I in the halls as we walked to gym together, although she had a different class

Nate walked up to Claire and I in the halls as we walked to gym together, although she had a different class. An excited smile was on his face as he asked. "Hey, I'm going skiing for winter break with a few friends. Do you and Claire want to come?"

"Ooh! I'm in!" Claire answered loudly. I hesitated. What is Alex was going to be there? I've done my best to avoid him so far, and I don't want him there to catch me trying to ski...

"Uh, sure." I said at last. Claire smiled and Nate grinned as he walked off. What is he up to?

I shrugged it off as I walked into the gym. Claire waved goodbye and made her way to her art class. I exhaled nervously as I walked into the locker room. Blair hasn't paid much attention lately , but just being in the same room as her makes me high-strung.

"Right? I heard that she broke his—" the gossip stopped as I walked in, replaced by silence and a few whispers. I kept my head low as I got my shoes and sweatpants from my locker and quickly changed. Shoving my regular clothes into the locker, I shut it and walked out.

I looked at the basketball court and saw Alex chatting it up with few people, laughing and smiling. At least one of us has moved on. He shot a glance at me and waved, smiling widely. I forced a smile on my face and waved back, before running into the crowd playing basketball, so I could disappear.

There were yells and playful shouts as the ball was tossed around. I shrank back and watched while trying to figure out everything I would need for the ski trip. A heavy coat, boots, a helmet, gloves, warm shirt and pants... I'll need to write down an actual list later, I guess.

If I go skiing, I'll need to learn how to ski. Well, I guess this will be quite the adventure.
_______________________________

2k reads, this is amazing. I am so great full for everything, thank you so much. So here's a early update for y'all!

"How the hell did you get the tomato soup to explode all over the stove?"

-Alex