31| Not like that

This is so unbelievable, 5k

This is so unbelievable, 5k. I can't believe this happened, so excited to see what happens next! ❤️
____________________________

I woke up with the sun in my eyes and groaned. I cuddled closer to the body of warmth that held me tight, the feeling of soft wood, which was damp from snow, making me shift uncontrollably. A cold wind hit me, but, by using the tactic of listening to the steady heartbeat next to me, I did my best to ignore it. The cream of a door opening cause the warm body next to me stir.

"Maybe they're out—OH. MY. GOD." Claire said excitedly from a few feet away. Slowly, I turned to face her, my eyes still closed tight. The strong arms around me, although loosening a tad, managed to keep it's grip.

"Duuude, nice." Nate said. I opened my eyes and saw that Claire was standing by the door in a pair of sweatpants and an oversized white hoodie that obviously wasn't hers, and that Nate was shirtless and in pyjama pants. I don't understand how these people can live in this cold, but I can't really talk, seeing as I myself am wearing shorts and a t-shirt, while sleeping outside.

"Mmpf." A husky voice behind me grunted softly. I sat up and looked behind me, immediately wishing I hadn't. Alex was laying down, in a black sweater and grey sweatpants, his hair greatly dishevelled from sleeping. He curled up, hugging his knees, looking exactly like the adorable piece of trash that I described him as last night. Last night.

Did I really confess to him last night, or was it just a nightmare? Did he really come clean about his mom last night, or was it just in my brain making up excuses? Does he really like another girl, or was it he was describing?

"Seems like somebody got busy last night." Claire teased, snapping me back from the void of my endless questions. I brushed furiously and pushed my hand in his face, hoping it would hide him. It didn't.

"Hey." Alex whined, drawling our the word. He clearly wasn't fully awake yet. The blush on my face, only grew as he pulled me closer to him. I glanced down and saw a mischievous smirk on his face. That little liar was awake.

"Get up, Sleeping Beauty." I sneered, punching his cheek. He yelped. I smiled to myself and stood up. Claire and Nate watched us, humour by my acts of hatred.

"You guys act like an old married couple, you know." Nate commented with a wink at Claire, who laughed. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Can I go inside? It's cold out here." I said, trying to excuse myself from the embarrassment that being caught out here brought me.

"I bet Alex kept you warm all night, though." Claire giggled. My cheeks, neck and ears all burned relentlessly. I glanced over my shoulder and at Alex to see him stretching.

"N-No! Quit it you guys." I whined. I sounded like a child, but that didn't matter. What mattered was escaping this situation with a little bit of dignity that I have left.

"Hm." Alex hummed, seeming to want to join in on the teasing. "You sure did like to cuddle." I threw my hands up in defeat and pushed past Nate and Claire, running upstairs. My face felt like it was on fire, I was blushing so hard. Was I really cuddling with him last night?

I unzipped my duffel bag and looked for some warm clothes. Today I would be learning how to ski—or at least try to learn how to ski. I pulled out a fluffy black sweater of mine and switched it with my t-shirt, then found a pair of black legging, that I could wear underneath my snow pants later. After I changed pants, I pulled my hair into a messy bun and walked downstairs again, my bare feet sticking to the cold wood floor of the cabin.

I skipped to the kitchen without a word, taking a seat at the counter. Nathaniel still hasn't put on a shirt. He's got a bit of arm muscle and abs. I wonder if Alex has muscles. It sure felt like it...No, BAD Brook! You should NOT be thinking about whether Alex has muscles or not!

"You want to help me make some eggs?" Alex asked me calmly, as if the past six or so hours of us sleeping together didn't just happen. But he was still teasing.

"No thanks, I don't like to cook with fire hazards." I replied. Wait. No! Don't take it like I think you—

"Did you just call me hot?" He exclaimed, seeming genuinely shocked. I violently shook my head.

"N-No, no, I'm...erm, I was talking about..." I desperately tried to find an excuse, but nothing came to mind. I mean, I think I was talking about the stove, but even I am unsure of what I was trying to say. Stupid, stupid Brook.

Claire walked past me, stopping quickly to whisper in my ear. "I ship it." I immediately let my head drop against the counter top in embarrassment.

Why can't my brain just cooperate, when I'm near Alex and not go into complete panic mode?