26| Uncomfortable

3k guys, this is surreal

3k guys, this is surreal. I'm so speechless, I literally have no words Thank you guys and hopefully you'll enjoy this chapter!💛
_______________________________

I open my eyes groggily, before realizing the car has stopped. Looking outside the window next to me, I see that we have stopped for gas. Claire and Nate aren't present inside the car, so I guess they're taking care of the car. Wait, but that means...

"I thought you were dead." Alex mumbled as he stared out his own window. His reflection showed his brown hair to be messy, and his face was tinted pink in some areas. I guess I'm not the only one who fell asleep.

"I guess I'm resurrected, then." I replied sarcastically, which was easily followed with an annoyed scoff. Alex chuckled and turned to face me. I felt heat creep up my neck. A whole month and a half of ignoring him and getting over him, and his stupid laugh is what makes me feel like jelly?

"Nathaniel and Claire should be back soon, we've got about another hour and half left of the drive." He informed me. I shrugged and unbuckled my uncomfortable seat belt. It was now that I realized Alex must have done the same, because his was already unbuckled.

"So... long time no see?" I said quietly, hoping to shatter the silence. He turned to face me and nodded. Mission failed. I looked down at my lap and started nervously tapping my fingers on my knees.

After a long minutes of quiet, Alex sighed. "Okay, I don't understand." I titled my head slightly, raising a brow to show my confusion. He continued. "I mean, Nate said it would only be me and him at the resort."

"He said the same to us." I noted softly. Suddenly, it all made sense. He planned this out from the start, because he knew we wouldn't agree if we knew that the other was coming along as well.

"That trickster!" I exclaimed. I quickly looked away, embarrassed at how in sync we were at the moment.

The car door on Alex's side opened, and Claire popped her head in, greeting us with a disappointed pout. "Move over, we have some snacks." She said, while she shoved Alex over. She must have pushed him too hard, because he basically flew, next to me. My breath hitched as he smiled sheepishly up at me.

"Uhm, I t-think I left m-my cookies in the laundry...!" I stammered questionably as I backed up. My door popped open as I accidentally squeezed my door handle too hard. I tumbled out of the car and onto the thick packing snow beneath me, a loud yelp of surprise escaping my lips. Everyone present, even strangers who happened to see my embarrassing fall, laughed.

Alex jumped out of the car and extended a hand for me to take. I looked up at his blue, stormy eyes for a long moment, before standing up by myself and dusting the frigid snow off on my back, rear and legs. I hopped right back into the car and closed the door. Alex, Claire and Nate got into the car again, the road trip snacks placed strategically between Alex and I, much to Claire's apparently dismay.

After a while of silent driving, Claire turned to face me with a confused smile. "Cookies in your laundry?" She laughed. I looked down in embarrassment.

"Shut up." I mumbled, my voice almost inaudible.

"No, but seriously, how did you managed to fall out of the car?" Nate teased, his eyes finding mine in his rear view mirror. He's up to something and I know it.

"I said shut up." I stated, a little louder this time,my cheeks prickling with an embarrassment blush.

"Oh, calm down, Pum—Brook." Alex caught himself, trying to play off the nickname nonchalantly. I noticed it, though. But he continued on. "Maybe if Claire over here hadn't so rudely shoved me, we wouldn't be having this conversation."

Claire gasped in a feigned offense. "EXCUSE ME, but you were the one not to move!" They all laughed while I mentally battled myself.

'You liked him when he was close.' My brain told me.

'No! We did not!' My heart exclaimed. Sometimes I wonder if I'm going insane, seeing as the organs in my body seem to constantly arguing. I didn't use to have the internal conflicts; my organs once used to be at peace with each other. But the Alex walked into my life.

I guess there's only thing to say about this trip: it's definitely going to be long one.
_______________________________

"How the hell did you get the tomato soup to explode all over the stove?"

-Alex