23| Forgiveness

I held my breath as I walked to Sandy Springs, the harsh autumn wind hitting my face. Anticipation hit me hard. I've waited all day for Alex to finish his explanation, and even though I want to hate him, my stupid self decided it was a good choice to give him another chance to explain. I'm going to regret this.

I took a seat on the beach, we agreed to meet up, and I waited. If dad finds out, I'm dead. So let's just hope he doesn't. My phone pinged to announce the arrival of a new message:

 My phone pinged to announce the arrival of a new message:

I scoffed and replied:

I wonder what he put as for my contact name

I wonder what he put as for my contact name. His will always be idiot - if I don't delete his number completely. But I'm too nice to delete it right at the moment.

Alex jumped over the back of the bench and sat next to me. I faced him with a frown. "Care to finish explaining?"

"So,um, where was I?" He asked with a nervous smile. I crossed my arms and sighed. "Oh, right...I blocked ya out to keep myself from breaking the promise. But I guess that just made everything worse. So if you'd just...forgive me, please?" He cut it short. I know he did. I just didn't question him.

I bit my lip and I thought. The last time I forgave someone, it didn't end very well. But do I really want to just continue ignoring this idiot, because of one measly mistake?

"I-I'm sorry." I said softly, standing up. I refuse to make the same mistake twice.

"Wait, Brook, please." He pleaded reaching out for my wrist. I yanked it away, but couldn't seem to do the same with our locked gaze. His blue orbs were captivating and my eyes seemed to never want to let go.

"I just can't." I said lamely, walking away reluctantly. My heart plummeted as I continued. Why can't I just have a normal life? Why can't I just have a normal family, whit a normal reputation, and a normal relationship status?

💛🖤💛

"Knock knock." John said, lightly rapping his knuckles on the side of my head. I curled up more and let out a groan to let him know I was listening but probably wouldn't care.

"Brook, get up. You've been mopey and sad all day. It's Halloween, for God's sake! Lighten up and get over that Alex dude." Colin said, tossing my lamb costume onto me. I sat up on the couch with a huff.

"I'm so stupid! How could I push him away like that? I'm just being hypocritical!" I said, angry at myself. Aiden rolled his eyes and adjusted his wig of tight blond curls. He looked ridiculous dressed as Lil Peep. Colin was dressed as the Big Bad Wolf and John as Little Red Riding Hood. I told you, my family is anything but normal.

"Brook, get over it. It's not like you like him, anyways, so just get in your costume and let's go. You already agreed, so there's no backing out." Colin said with a long sigh. I groaned and picked up the lamb costume, plodding towards the bathroom. I swear, if anyone from school sees me...

I walled out in the oddly comfortable lamb onesie tugging at the bow that was tied loosely at the neck. Aiden jumped up and quickly snapped a picture at me.

"Don't you dare post that!" I yelled, running towards him. He grinned at me and let me watch him hit send. Holy crap, I look cute. I punched Aiden's arm anyways.

"Ow! Hey, lambs are supposed to be nice." Aiden whined, rubbing the area I punched. I shrugged and snatched his phone, deleting the photo. I just hope nobody saw it.

"Yeah, and Little bo peep is supposed to be pretty. You point?" I shot back. John and Colin made an 'Oooh' Sound in the background. God, I love my family of idiots.

"Excuse me, but I look absolutely fabulous in the girdle and hoop skirt!" Aiden scoffed, flicking his fake golden curls over his shoulder dramatically. I laughed as I took his shepherd's crook while I mimicked a bleating sound.
Maybe tonight can finally get my mind off of Alex.
_______________________________

Early update, I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter:)"How the hell did you get the tomato soup to explode all over the stove?"

"How the hell did you get the tomato soup to explode all over the stove?"

-Alex