44| Preach

13k! You don't know how much this means to me❤️_______________________________

_______________________________

I stood up on the cafeteria table after handing Claire my Coke. I fired up, excited to speak these words that I've held in for so long. Looking down hatefully at Blair, I restrained myself from punching her. It won't make anything better.

I picked up a fork and a spoon and clanged the two utensils together to get everyone's attention. Taking a deep breath, I started to regret this. I can do this. I can do this.

"Society is messed up." I said flatly. Yeah, what an astute observation Brook. "But you know what's even more screwed up? The stupid labels we give people. You all know I'm talking about. Nerd, bitch, weirdo, edgy, drama queen, slut, straight up LUCIFER. The list goes on: Gay, too fat, too skinny, too short, too tall, too normal, to normal enough. We label others to figure out weather or not they'll fit in the group. We label ourselves to see if we'll fit in with their group." I felt like I was giving a whole speech. Yeah, no. Okay, maybe just a little.

"But the thing is that these labels are often gender discriminated. You rarely ever meet a male labeled as a slut, but plenty of girls are called sluts for absolutely no reason. Weird, right? Wanna know something even weirder? Man who sleep with a bunch of girls are the man they're praised. Say, Mikel, you should come up here." There were a lot of laughs as he walked up to the table, his face bright red.

"Yet girls who are even rumored to sleep with as small number of one guy is a slut or a whore, and they're frowned greatly upon." I continued.  "Blair here-" I shot her a dirty look. "-called me a slut, because I'm dating a boy that's obviously way out of my league. Not only out of my league, but out of her league as well." Another round of laughter.

"But it's not funny, you guys. This is serious. As someone who has dealt with bullying before I know firsthand how terrible it feels. And it's also unfair for people to be criticized about who they date or how many people they've dated, or what gender they date, or even the skin color of someone that they date. It's stupid and childish and inhuman to discriminate someone for their personal relationship preferences. One guy may like girls who are tall, athletic and bubbly. Another may like short, clumsy and shy. Neither of them are wrong for liking that type of person, no matter the personality or gender or anything like that! God, now you've got me ranting." I huffed.

"My point is this: Don't be a bitch, stop labeling people in hopes of changing them."

I hopped down from the table and Alex caught me, bringing me in for a kiss on the cheek. I rolled my eyes with a smile and got myself out of his arms to walk up to Blair, taking my Coke back form Claire in the process.

As I finished off my Coke and dropped it into the trash can nearby Blair.

"HOME RUN!!!" Aaron cheered.

"THAT'LL TEACH HER!" Grace screamed excitedly.

I laughed to myself with a happy sigh. That 'speech' wasn't to shabby.