33| Help

I had managed to ski for a whole twenty seconds before losing my balance and plunging face first into the snow. It was cold and stung my face, but I stayed where I was.

"Brooklyn! Are you okay? Holy crap, I'm sorry!" Alex said through his laughter. He pulled me out of the snow and smiled apologetically, as if that would make everything okay. I frowned at him and slapped his hand away.

"You pushed me, you idiot!" I yelled with a shiver. He shrugged and took off his scarf, wrapping it around my neck. Despite my anger, I snuggled myself into it's warmth. "I still hate you." I reminded him, closing my eyes.

"Obviously. Follow me, we're blocking the track." He said, grabbing my hand. I jerked my hand away, but still followed him like a duck with it's mother. He led me back to the ski lift.

"Oh hell no." I exclaimed, waddling away. These skis are so hard to walk in! My cheeks felt numb as I plopped down in the snow to take off the annoying skis that were strapped to my feet. A figure towered over me, creating a shadow, but I didn't bother to look up. "I'm not dying today Alex. You can go ahead and break your ankle, but I'm not following." I said, taking off the skis.

"Put that ski back on and get off your butt." Claire said, crouching in front of me. I groaned a complaint, but still put the ski back on. She quickly yanked me to my feet and dragged me back to the ski lift so I could try to die a second time. I really hope she has my grave ready.

I sat down on a lift by myself and closed my eyes. I'm okay. I survived the first time, and maybe this time Alex won't push me. I can do this!

I opened my eyes and looked down in horror. Bunny hill was long gone, and I was going onto the extreme skiers hill. I forgot it's name. To avoid going any higher, I quickly hopped off of the lift and landed terribly in the snow. I cursed underneath my breath as I felt pain shoot through my left ankle.

I took a seat in the snow and held my throbbing ankle as I thought of what to do. Nobody else was really nearby me, and I most certainly couldn't walk on my own.

Stupid klutz, I scolded myself as I tried to figure out what to do. Would I really ever trust my life with a stranger, or even trust them to simply walk me to safety? No, not really. But I guess that shouldn't be my main question right now. My main question should be: where is everybody?

I started to panic. Nobody would ever think that I would be dumb enough to end up on this hill, my phone is in the cabin, and I just did something to my ankle. Why can't I just have a normal winter break like other people do?

After a long ten minutes or so, I gave up and just started howling for help.

"Heeeeeeeelllllllpppppppp!!!!" I screamed desperately. No answer. The extreme hill was empty. It was only now that I just realized that the ski lift had stopped. Skiing closes at half pst twelve on Sunday. Of course.

The sun was at its peak, but the air was still frigid and burned my lungs. My throat started to hurt, so I just sat and waited, thinking about random stuff to distract me. Lungs burning, hurt ankle, sore throat... Yup, I couldn't ask for a better winter break. Note my sarcasm.

All I can think about now, though, is all the yelling I'll do at Claire as soon as I get down of this hill.