47| Tomato Soup

I smirked to myself silently as I pulled my shirt back over my head and dropped my rag into the bucket of water

I smirked to myself silently as I pulled my shirt back over my head and dropped my rag into the bucket of water. The car is finally cleaned and Brook went inside to make us both some lunch. I just hope she isn't cooking.

It's a little hot out here. I'm sure she won't mind if I wait in the living room, I thought. It's not like I have not been inside her house before, so I guess it is not that big deal. With a small shrug, I walked up the pathway to her front door.

"I-It's that stupid voice you use!" She sad, pushing me away. I laughed at the recent memory. Had that really only happened an hour ago? She is just too cute, getting flustered by every little thing I do.

I opened her front door and carefully closed it behind me. Brook wasn't in the kitchen. Where did she go? I decided not to go looking for her and instead walking into her living room. It was nicely furnished with a couch against the wall and a window next to it. The window next to it. The couch face a decent size Tv that stood on top of a wooden cabinet with several drawers. The wall adorned with many family pictures.

I walked around, looking at each picture curiously. I noticed how it was always Brook, her brothers and her father. None of the pictures showed any mother. One of the pictures, probably one of the most recent, showed Brook in a lamb costume, glaring angrily up at her brother Aiden, who was dressed in a Lil' Peep costume and holding a shepherd's crook and using it as a limbo stick for the other two brothers. I laughed quietly to myself.

I made it to the mantle and that's when I remembered what Brook had told me: "There's no reason to talk about someone who's dead." All of the picture frames on the mantle had a picture of a woman with shoulder length brown hair and dark brown eyes. It was the same woman that held the baby in Brook's phone background.

"I didn't know we allowed dogs in the house." A voice behind me quipped. I turned to see Aiden. If you kill him, Alex, then Brook will kill you, I reminded myself. My hands instinctively formed fists, but I forced them unclench and rest at my sides.

"How nice of you." I said with a feigned smile.

"I take it that you are finally done flirting with Brooklyn, using your bare stomach?" He challenge. Don't punch him.

"I-" Brooklyn interrupted me, before I could deliver my comeback.

"Umm, a little-erm, a little help in here Alex?" She asked, nervously glancing at the stove. Dear God, what did she do this time? I smiled to myself and walked quickly towards her, brushing past Aiden without a second thought.

I took a single glance at the stove and sighed, wiping my hand down my face in exaggeration. This girl is hopeless. "Brook..."

"Yes?" She looked up at me with an innocent smile.

"How did you-"

"I-"

"No, Brook, shush."

"I love you..."

"How the hell did you get tomato soup to explode all over the stove?"

"Uhm..."

"I can't believe you." I said with a laugh. She ran a hand through her hair and got a bunch of paper towels to start cleaning it up. "No, Brook wait! The stove will still be-"

"Ow, that's hot! Why didn't you warm me?" She whimpered, cradling her hand. I rolled my eyes and turned off the stove top.

"I tried to, but you were too impatient. I swear, you are such a mess today." I teased, before grabbing some paper towels and cleaning up the spill furthest away from the hot burner. She pouted and removed the pot from the stove, sticking in the sink.

"I think I need to teach you how to cook." I said with a roll of my eyes.

"And I think I'm just going to stick with PB and J for lunch today." She replied with a huff.

"Try not to make those explode all over the stove as well."

"Shut up." She pleaded. In the living room, Aiden was on the couch, playing on his phone.

"Make me." I said with a smirk. She looked over at me, unimpressed, before grabbing my shirt and quickly kissing me. "Hm, I don't know..."

"The next thing I'll try to make you shut up is exploding this sandwich all over your face." She threatened.

"Alright, alright. I'll shut up."