09| Weekend

My eyes flickered open, close again, then opened once more. I continued this until my eyes adjusted to my surrounds. I felt my comforter loosely press against my body and yawned. I was soaked and cold, even with my blankets piled up on me. The window showed the rain still pouring outside and my alarm clock on my nightstand showed the time 4:07. I squinted at my arm, trying to figure out what I was wearing that was sticking to my skin. A leather jacket?

"You'll get sick, just take the damn jacket." Alex demanded, pushing the jacket into my hands. We argued for a long time before I gave in and used the jacket to keep me from getting any more drenched. I had promised him that I'd bring it back on Monday, but really I didn't want it to begin with. What if somebody saw and got the wrong idea?!

Oh. Well, goodbye world. If my brothers don't kill me, embarrassment will. I rolled out of my bed and peeled the wet leather jacket off my arms again. I blinked my eyes again, trying to get used to silence darkness that wrapped around me. When I could finally see (sort of), I stumbled out of my bedroom door and towards the bathroom, trying not to make a sound.

"It's about time." Colin said from his seat in our armchair. He's hands were posed together like an evil master mind in the movies. I ignored him and opened the bathroom door, blinded by the light. He continued anyways "Care to explain who the hell was that guy who drove home?"

I cleared my throat and closed the bathroom door behind me. Colin just wouldn't shut up "He could have kidnaped you, you know. Or maybe he could have crashed and you would have been asleep, so you wouldn't be able to escape. He looks like a brute, are you sure he isn't a drug dealer or something?" Gritting my teeth, I opened the bathroom door and glared at Colin.

"Shut. Up!" I growled, my raspy voice surprising me. Colin blinked, finally silent, then opened his mouth again to protest. I interrupted him before he got the chance, "I'm not some baby who you need to protect. I'm almost 17 years old, why can't you treat me like that?!" You've been way to worried about losing me, the last female in the family, that you forget that your my brother, not my father! Moms accident was a one in a hundred chance, so you don't need to be so protective about me being in cars. And yes, maybe I am a klutz, a girl who grew up with a bunch of disgusting boys, but that at least taught me how to defend myself. So shut the hell up."

Colin just sat there, processing my rant. I closed myself in the bathroom again and sat down on the floor. Did I really just say all that? Where did that all come from? I learned my back against the wall and held my head in my hands. We never talk about mom. At least, not unless it's serious discussion including her somehow. But just thinking about her brings my heart pain, even though I never really knew her.

I stood up again, ignoring the reason why I even wanted to use the bathroom in the first place. I walked out to face Colin again, he was shaking his head, biting his lip to fight back the tears that collected in his hazel eyes. I walked over to him and gave him a hug, pressing my small face into his blackish brown hair.

"I shouldn't have brought her into this, I'm sorry." I apologize quietly, keeping my strong hug with Colin. "I'm just... a little confused and upset right now." I confessed, taking a seat on a arm of the chair, my back facing Colin's side.

"So, who was he?" Colin asked again. I sighed and shook my head.

"Somebody who I hope is nothing like how they are portrayed. He's just a classmate... and the guy I got into an argument. We're like enemies, but not really. I-I don't know how to put it, really."