34| Snowman

Wow! Thank you for 7k reads, that was quick! Hope you enjoy this chapter

Wow! Thank you for 7k reads, that was quick! Hope you enjoy this chapter .
_______________________________

It felt like hours had passed with me just laying in the snow, hoping to be found. But I knew that only thirty or forty minutes had really gone by. I huffed impatiently and started to roll a tiny snowball in the thick snow. It started to build up and when it was a decent size, I started a new one, this one slightly smaller than the first. If I have to pass the time, I might as well do something that will get somebody's attention faster.

Time passed slowly as I continued to make a collection of faceless, armless snowman. Let me the first to say that it was a little weird, but also super cool. The sun inched across the sky, while I repeated the steps to making the snowman.

"Look! Up there!" I heard somebody yell from a distance. I jumped up from my sitting position, only to fall back down and gasp my ankle. A commotion started down below as several people ran towards me.

"Help!" I screamed, waving my noodle arms desperately in the air. The sound of machinery starting up filled the peaceful silence in my snow mountain. I looked at the ski lift with excitement. They started the ski lift for me!

I tried to stand up once again, but to no avail. I must have done something serious to my ankle. With a sigh, I started to slowly half-walk and half-limp towards the ski lift.

Once I reached it, i saw outstretched hand and a smiling face. "Sorry." Claire said, her wavy brown hair matted with snow. I scoffed and took the moving seat next to her. I wish I could yell at her, but she's my best friend. I literally can't stay mad at her. It's not possible.

"I made a village of snowman. I don't think any of them like each other, though." I muttered to lighten the mood. Claire laughed and glanced over her shoulder to look at the eleven or twelve snowman I had built. God, I'm so lame.

💛🖤💛

"She has a fracture in her right talus. Did you land in a awkward way, when you jumped from the ski lift?" The doctor said, looking up me. I blinked, trying to remember.

"Yes, and I heard a cracking sound too." I answered. "I landed kind of on top of my leg, and my ankle was twisted underneath it." I knew I had done something to it, I just hadn't know what exactly. But now I do: it's a small fracture in my right ankle. Four and a half weeks spent in a cast and using those annoying crutches, that will obviously take forever to adjust to.

Yippee.

"Oh, okay. I'm going to get your cast, I will be back shortly." The doctor said, tightening her neat ponytail, before walking out. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and leaned back in the bed.

The doctor wouldn't be back anytime soon, I knew, but I wish she would just hurry up. I'm sitting in the hospital, nearby the ski resort without anybody to talk to. Alex and Nate are back at the cabin preparing supper together, Claire is in the bathroom at the moment, and the doctors are all somewhere else. I closed my eyes and listened to the steady ticking of the clock.

"Alex texted me. He wants you to read this." Claire said as she walked in, crashing my party of peace. I opened my eyes to be greeted by a phone screen with a funny text on it:

Alex H: GET WELL SOOOOONNNN! (sorry 4 pushing u down the hill) 😉

I laughed and handed Claire her phone back. He is the weirdest, dorkiest, most adorable boy I've ever met, and as cheesy as it sounds...even with all the rough spots he has, he somehow manages to make me smile with his stupid comments. And it seems like I'm the same way to him as well.

We're just a bundle of dorks and weirdos, I guess.