46| Car wash

14k, it wouldn't had happened without you guys and I wanted to thank also, those who had supported me, and leaving me a nice comment!❤️_______________________________

_______________________________

I sighed as I dipped the tag in my hand back into the bucket of hot soapy water and slapped it back into Colin's car. My punishment for getting suspended: A million chores back to back. It's my first official day of suspension and I have already cleaned out the fridge, cleaned the bathroom completely, did the dishes twice, straightened up my room, vacuumed the living room and now I'm washing Colin's dumb old car. This is terrible.

Aiden walked up the driveway, fresh out of school, singing 'Nine in the Afternoon' by Panic! At the Disco. My ears were already bleeding. "Back to the street, down to our feet-"
I interrupted him by shouting. "It's a no from me!" It didn't shut him up, sadly. He continued croaking my once favorite song into my ear as I washed Colin's car. "Oh my god, can you please not torture me anymore?" I pleaded.

"Nope!—Ow!" He screamed as I slapped him on the arm with the wet rag.

"Go away." I hissed, holding up the rag to threaten slapping him again. After a moment of calling me a brief list of unfavorable names, he walked inside with his back pack in hand.

I turned back to the car and dipped the rag back into the bucket of water. It should be too cold for me to be doing this; it's only the middle of January. But today is actually kind of warm, the temperature being around 50 or 60° Fahrenheit. And washing a car is a lot of work when you're short.

Wiping my forehead with the back of my wrist, I let out an annoyance huff and started washing the windows. Blair better be expelled. Or at least suspended for a while. A long while. I mean, I was only standing up for myself!... in a very disruptive manner. But that's not—

"Earth to Brook!" Alex yelled, breaking me away from my thoughts. I slapped away the hand he was waving in front of my face. "Oh good you're alive." I rolled my eyes.

"Only on the outside." I replied flatly as I continued to scrub furiously at the dried bird crap on the window. Ew.

"Oh, cheer up! I'm here to help you out. Claire wanted to come, but she had to babysit her brother at the last minute." He said while taking off his shirt. I adverted my gaze from his torso and went back to scrubbing the windows. I do kind of need help, seeing as I've been out her almost an hour and I only cleaned the hood and front windshield.

"D-Do you have to take off your shirt?" I asked. My cheeks burned as I learned the question I had asked myself that morning after we slept on that porch swing: Sadly, no. What? No, not sadly! Shut up, Brook!

"I was kind of hoping for him to be all macho and what not." Grace sighed in disappointment.

"We're trying to wash a car, not hope for our boyfriend to have muscles!" Aaron exclaimed. He was right.

"Are you going to keep staring at my stomach or are we going to finish washing this car? And yes, I don't want to get my shirt dirty." He asked with a smirk. I blinked, turning away. Was I staring? I'm just glad that Colin and John aren't home yet and dad had to run some errands.

"J-Just take this rag and start cleaning, I'll go get another one." I stammered helplessly. My heart was in my throat right now, pounding hard to escape.

I walked inside and got a new rag for myself, then tried to calm myself down. I'm okay. This is okay. I'm fine. It's not like I have a shirtless hottie right outside of my house to help me with my chores or anything. I sighed and hit my head against the wall twice. Why couldn't Claire just bring her little brother here? Then at least I wouldn't be alone with my shirtless boyfriend. Taking a deep breath, I recomposed myself and walked back outside.

Trying to appear nonchalant about this whole situation, I held the new rag over my shoulder and tightened the messy bun on my head. Alex was washing the roof of the car, humming to himself as he worked.

I dipped my rag into the hot, soapy water and started cleaning the back windshield to distract myself. Although my heart wasn't in my throat anymore, it was still beating like crazy against my ribs.

"You know, I'd be surprised if your cheeks got any redder." Alex said without taking his attention off of the roof. My eyebrow furrowed with confusion.

"What? You aren't even looking at me, how do you know what color my cheeks are?" I quizzed, covering the lower part of my face with my hand, just in case.

"You get flustered easily." He continued, not answering my question.

"How so?" I felt a bit annoyed.

"Like, if I ever-" He moved from where he was standing, to stand in front of me. "-did something as subtle as brushing some hair from your face." He narrated his action, almost perfectly, brushing the bit of hair that stuck to my face with sweat. My face burned again. "See? You're red as a tomato and I didn't even do anything flirtatious."

"I-It's that stupid voice you use!" I said, pushing him away. My words were partially true—I really don't like that soft voice he use—but it was most his action. I don't know what's wrong with me, but it's annoying as hell. Alex chuckled and went back to wash the cars, while I tried to calm down my racing heart again.

This boy...