38| Bunch of idiots

Hey guys, I just wanted you guys to know that I just started school, so I'll pretty much update every Wednesday (obviously) around 5pm EST❤️____________________________

____________________________

The door opened before I had time to push Alex off of me. There, in the doorway, stood a shocked but smiling Claire and a very confused Nate, who was draping an arm around Claire's shoulder.

"They always barge in before the fun can being." Grace sighed.

"Shut up! We just wanted to get out of the conversation." Aaron said. I sometimes wonder what Alex would think if he ever heard my thoughts.

"Yeah, but we've landed ourselves a hella good kisser." Grace countered. I tuned out my bickering thoughts and returned my attention to what was happening.

"H-O-L-Y crap!" Claire said at last. I blushed profusely as I kicked Alex off of me, sitting up and running a hand through my wet hair. How did things get so screwed up so quickly?

"I-It wasn't-" I started, but was interrupted by Nate.

"Making out only looks like one thing." He said with a sly smile. Alex stood up and looked at me with wide and excited eyes, then looked at the couple standing in the doorway.

"It might've looked like something else if you had given us a little while longer." Alex said, winking at me in the process. I wrinkled my nose at the thought, but couldn't help the blush that prickled at my cheeks.

"I'm hungry." I announced after a long pause from all of us. Alex ran out of the room and down the hallway, I guess to get my crutches, while Claire and Nate whispered and giggled among themselves. I pushed my palm onto my forehead and sighed. I was so stupid to kiss Alex. What was I thinking, even considering to kissing him? I shook off my embarrassment thoughts as he walked back into the bedroom with my crutches and handed them to me.

"Because you love him." Grace decided for me. And Aaron agreed. God, what am I doing, listening to these insane voices in my head?

"Coming?" Alex said, breaking me out of my thoughts. I nodded and stood up. These dumb crutches barely help me walk, but I'm forced to use them anyways.

We made it downstairs and the boys started cooking while Claire pulled me aside for the details. I groaned as I slowly tried to explain to her what happened.

"You're dead meat as soon as your family finds out." Aaron pointed out.

"Woah, woah, woah, wait. So you went from talking about aliens and government secrets to him deciding to ask you to be your girlfriend?" Claire asked, seeking confirmation. I bit my cheek and nodded.

"Yes. So it's not like I was kissing someone who just happened-" I jabbed her chest with my index finger to gesture that it wasn't a coincidence, but instead part of her evil plan   "-to be assigned as my roommate."

"But you have kissed him before." Grace reminded me. "And he was so amazing about it, too..." she sighed dreamily.

"You guys are so cute, I'm so excited that you're finally official!" She squealed, waving her hands in an eccentric manner. I scoffed and returned to the kitchen, the smell of eggs and bacon making my stomach gurgle in anticipation of a decent breakfast. I sat myself at the counter and absentmindedly kicked my left foot in the air, a nervous fidget of mine.

"I think you're going insane." Aaron said. I closed my eyes to be entertained by the thoughts that I didn't seem to have control over.

"Not insane, we're just less normal that most people." Grace argued calmly. I agree with her on that one. Plenty of people have voices in their heads. Mine are just more entertaining.

"But-" Aaron's counter was cut off by Claire shaking my shoulders and trying to show me something on her phone.

"Oh my god, look at this adorable picture of you and Alex!" She squealed excitedly. I looked at the photo and recognized it as one from just the other day, when Alex and I had called asleep on the porch swing.

Alex's hair was ruffled greatly and his face was greatly confused; eyes squinted closed, eyebrows furrowed, lips pressed firm. My hair was disheveled as well, but my eyes were wide open and my cheeks were a bright red. Alex's arm was around my waist. I opened my mouth to tell her to delete it, but then I noticed it was too late—she had posted it to Instagram yesterday.

"Seriously?" I asked flatly as I read the caption:

Looks like someone is having fun on this Ski Vacay!😘

"Yes!" She said, jumping up and skipping to show it to Nate and Alex. I rolled my eyes and smiled, butterflies invading my stomach.

Alex turned to look at me with a crooked grin, handing me a small plate of eggs. I remembered the way he looked at me in the mirror, his eyes so gentle and caring. So different from the way that he looks as everyone else.

"Hey! That was my bacon!" Nate whined, pulled his hand away from the plate and he shoved two piece of bacon in his mouth to imitate walrus tusks. Claire giggled and snapped a photo of them fighting. I laughed and threw a piece of my scrambled eggs at Claire, landing it in her hair. She yelled at me with a smile as she ate the bit of eggs.

"Everyone shut up and come gather in this picture real quick!" Claire said loudly, running so she was standing next to me with a smile. I pouted at her and tried to push some of the scrambled eggs up her nose while Alex and Nate jumped onto the counter top and posed like they were models, Alex leaning in to plant a kiss on my cheek.

I heard the shutter of Claire's camera and heard her immediately switching apps so she could post it. The picture was actually kind of hilarious, especially with Claire's huge grin while I had pushed egg up her nose. I saw what she typed down and smiled.

Still just a bunch of idiots on Winter Break! ❄️☃️