21| Just listen

Omg! Thank you for 1k reads, I am speechless

Omg! Thank you for 1k reads, I am speechless. So here is a early update for you guy, hope you enjoy it:)
____________________________

Beep-Beep. Beep-Beep. Beep-Beep

No. I don't want to get up. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not next year. I don't want to go to school and deal with the drama, or the gross food, or Alex. I just want to stay home. Yet, I still forced myself out of bed to get a change of clothes.

"I want to understand."

I ran a hand through my tangled brown hair and sighed. Saying that life is weird and messed up would be an understatement. I pulled out a pair of my pre-ripped ankle jeans, a white t-shirt with a little sunflower on the top left corner of my shirt, and a drapey anorak jacket in beige.

"You wouldn't believe me."

I walked to the bathroom and changed, the brushed my teeth and put on my usual small amount of makeup. Today is the day of presentations. I don't want to do it. Especially not with Alex. I quickly brushed my hair and put it in a mess bun to go with my outfit and ran back to my room to get my white Nike Air Force 1.

"Then give me one more."

I pulled out my shoes and tied the laces, then sprinted out of my room to get breakfast, before the boys woke up. I strolled into the kitchen and quietly opened the container of chocolate chip muffins. Today is going to be fine. Just give my presentation and ignore him the rest of the day. I can do that. But, I can't give Alex another chance. He's already received way too many from me.

I unwrapped the muffin from its paper cup and tossed it into the trash, before hopping onto the counter and taking a bite, swinging my legs pleasantly. The the kitchen was quiet for once, meaning I must have really woken up early—

Arms wrapped around me and I got a kiss on either cheek. I turned to see a smiling John and Colin. Okay, that was suspicious. I jumped down and finished my muffin, before questioning. "Okay, what the fuck was that?"

"LANGUAGE, BROOKLYN." Dad called out to me, as he dragged Aiden down the hall and into the bathroom. I rolled my eyes and smiled, turning my attention back to my two older brothers.

"Oh, nothing." They said in unison. I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. The bruises have mostly healed since that Wednesday, but my arms are still tinted blue and blackish in some areas. Don't even get me started on my back and stomach.

They both looked at each other and laughed. "Brook, think really hard: what day is today?" Colin asked. I paused and thought. Today is the 28th of October. What's so important about today?

...Oh.

"HOLY SUSHI, I DON'T HAVE A COSTUME!" I exclaimed. Halloween was in three days and I haven't thought about it at all! "God, I'll have to start thinking about that when I get home today."