35| Nicknames

I don't know how you guys do it, but thank you for 8k reads❤️_______________________________

_______________________________

"So, what if there is another earth out there, with aliens and everything. But what if we're the aliens to them?" Alex asked, while his head and legs both dangled from the bed. I was lying across his chest with my foot being propped up by a pillow. Why this is how we decided to waste our night, I'm not completely sure. But it's very entertaining.

"It wouldn't surprise me, honestly. I've thought about that a lot. Maybe they're hiding behind the holographic moon, that the government is using to keep us from knowing of their existence.  It would make sense." I said with a tint of sarcasm. I don't really believe in all of that stuff, but it's an interesting topic anyway.

"Well, if we're talking about holographic moon now, then answer me this: if the moon is only a hologram, how did people see it in the ancient civilization?" Alex challenged. I shrugged thoughtfully.

"Maybe it's the aliens who are projecting the moon with their laser cannons." I said with a playful smirk. "But, then again, for all we know, they cloud still be in their prehistoric ages."

"God, this is deep crap that we're talking about." Alex laughed softly. I sat up and adjusted my foot. "You okay? Do you want to go to bed?"

"No, it's fine. I'm just annoyed with how itchy this stupid cast is." It's cute how Alex is being so careful and wants to make sure that I'm comfortable.

"Okay. Hey... do you remember that girl I told you about last night?" He asked quietly as he recreated his position from earlier.

"Uh, yeah. Why?"

"Well, I learned something new about her today. Alex looked at me with a sparkle in his blue eyes. I bit the inside of my cheeks. He likes someone else, I just know it. "She's not very good at skiing." It's a coincidence. It has to be me. "And I think she might secretly hate me for pushing her."

My heart stopped. My brain was processing and turned into a pile of pudding. I shook my head and looked at him, not wanting to let on. "You know that adorable piece of crap I was talking about?" It's my turn to throw hints. Alex looked at me and nodded. Okay, maybe this hint isn't very subtle. But his weren't either!

"Yeah, well he should probably stop with all those nicknames that he has for me." I said. His eyes widened as he shot upright with excitement and the biggest smile possible on his face.

"I can't say that I will, Peanut." He said with a sly wink. I frowned and stuck my tongue out at him.

"Will you ever run out of nicknames?"

"Afraid not, Pipsqueak."

I kicked his knee with my good foot, to which he only laughed. With a roll of my eyes, I retorted. "Well then, I guess you won't mind if I use a couple nicknames of my own, Stinky."

"But your nicknames are so mean." He whined playfully. "Okay, how about this: if you agree to this one nickname, you can call me whatever you want for the day."

"First, what's the nickname?" I asked skeptically. It didn't seem like his smile could get any more mischievous.

"Oh, I was thinking something along the line of 'Girlfriend'." I couldn't breathe. Again. My heart and eyes brain stopped. Again. The whole world froze.

"Fall for her." It wasn't gossip. I was just too obvious.

"I'm guessing you won't stop asking until I say yes?"

"Nope, and I'll get more and more embarrassed with every time I have to ask." He answered with a wink. I sighed softly and smiled at him. He's such a dork when he's near me... and cold to pretty much everyone else. God, I really was oblivious.

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend." I whispered, leaning myself to lay across his chest. "...but please, don't start using mushy nicknames like 'Sweetheart'." I added with a giggle.

"But those are my favorite, Tater tot!"
_______________________________

"But those are my favorite, Tater tot!"_______________________________

Important

I need your help, Comment ideas of Alex and Brooklyn relationship nicknames, I would really appreciated it!