00.) ordinary days

( ; — art by minear on tumblr )

I'VE BEEN LOOKING AT OUR PICTURES—MAKES ME WONDER WHAT TO DO. 'CAUSE WHEN I'M LOOKING AT OUR PICTURES, I WANNA SEE YOU.

( disclaimer :: this book takes place near the ending of their junior year, which without the hiatus pause, would put them in mid-2017 according to funneh's canonical timeline of the y.h.s. series + this is my old writing, so it's bad lol. )

( another disclaimer :: most of this book was written without any plan or complete memory of all of yhs, so some things may not always line up or contradict some canon facts from the actual series. that's my fault, sorry, haha. )

⋆ ₊ ꒰ 🌆 ꒱ ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ˎˊ˗

˗ˏˋ FUNNEH ˎˊ˗
( first pov )

Life as we would eventually come to know it began one afternoon—a Saturday spent running around town and talking about little things that we wouldn't remember in a few years. For the most part, it should have been just another weekend; but despite that the sun had started to set and the day had nearly come to its close, it was only the beginning of something much bigger. An ordinary day with extraordinary consequences, only in retrospect.

And to think, it would all begin with one simple box.

I strolled down the sidewalk with the others at my side, kicking at the ground with each step. Gold chastised me for allowing the soles of my tennis shoes to drag and therefore scraping them, but I continued on doing so anyway.

Each of us carried our own cups of boba tea in our hands, a different flavor for each of us. It had been Kyran's idea to check out a new boba tea shop in the mall that had just opened up. According to him, it was just as good as anime foods looked (which also, according to him, was a very good compliment to receive).

"So, um, do you guys like it or . . . ?" Kyran let out a small, nervous bout of laughter, unsure of how the others would respond.

"Seriously? 'Like'? That's an understatement. I love this!" Gold giggled, "I'd marry it if I could."

I laughed and elbowed Kyran with my right arm. "Psst, Kyran! I found the key for you to win Gold over: become boba tea!" I had whispered my words to him, and Gold, who was still walking on my left side, remained none the wiser to what I had told him.

Kyran, however, because he clearly lacked good sense of humor, did not find my joke appealing. Instead, he wrinkled his nose and shot me a pout, shaking his head and sighing. I couldn't help but laugh.