01.) school days

❝ WE'VE BEEN WAITING, ANTICIPATING CHANGE COMING OUR WAY

WE'VE BEEN WAITING, ANTICIPATING CHANGE COMING OUR WAY.

⋆ ₊ ꒰ 📚 ꒱ ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ˎˊ˗

THREE DAYS LATER

˗ˏˋ FUNNEH ˎˊ˗
( first pov )

School was so boring, and that had been a fact I wished I'd learned from movies and TV shows, not from experience.

Time couldn't go any slower, could it? Homeroom with Mr. Tacoe was odd as usual, nothing new there. Every other class had been boring so I didn't have much to say. The same old, same old. Y'know, using your phone when you're supposed to take notes because the teacher's handwriting was too messy to read or too fast to keep up with.

Once the bell rang and school would end, Gold and I would hurry home so we could start packing. But yet, that seemed so far away despite it already being eighth period.

I was just itching to leave already. I had been procrastinating on packing up for the trip back home and I needed as much time as possible to get it all done before we left.

"This is so boring," I complained to myself quietly, impatiently watching the little hands on the clock tick.

"Agreed," Gold sighed. "Even the teacher was so bored she fell asleep."

My attention slide over to the desk in the corner of the room, where our teacher was passed out on her chair.

I laughed and turned to look out the window, spacing off until something hit the side of my head. It didn't hurt, obviously, once I realized it was just a paper ball. I glanced up and noticed it was from Kyran, who was mouthing an apology for his bad throwing aim. I shook my head and took the paper ball, unfolding it into a crinkled flat.

It was a little note. I pulled out my pencil and quickly scribbled down a response before tossing it back towards him. Unlike his throw, though, mine was successful in not hitting anyone.

⋆ ₊ ꒰ 📝 ꒱ ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ˎˊ˗

Are you excited? -Kyran

For what? -Funneh

For summer, duh. Any plans?

Super hyped for summer. Gold and I are flying back to Canada again this summer.

Sounds cool.

Yeah, I'm excited to see everyone back home and my family. -Funneh

Speaking of which, do you have any close friends back in Canada? -Kyran

Yeah, they're pretty great. We're all the same age but a few months apart. -Funneh

Sounds fun. When are you guys flying back into America? -Kyran asked.