03.) grave memories

❝𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖫𝖮𝖲𝖲 𝖮𝖥 𝖫𝖨𝖥𝖤 𝖶𝖨𝖫𝖫 𝖡𝖤 𝖨𝖱𝖱𝖤𝖯𝖫𝖠𝖢𝖠𝖡𝖫𝖤,❞
-𝘋𝘢𝘯 𝘘𝘶𝘢𝘺𝘭𝘦

•»§«•

• F U N N E H •

    "𝔸ℝ𝔼 𝕐𝕆𝕌 ℝ𝔼𝔸𝔻𝕐?" I inquired to Gold, who was slugging the strap of her bag over her shoulder with a hefty sigh. She nodded with a hum of agreement to accompany it.

"It feels like we were just moving in here and now we're going back home," Gold sighed dreamily, staring up at the front doors of our dorm, "so much nostalgia."

"Gold, it was literally just a year ago," I laughed out as she rolled her eyes with a grin.

"You know what I mean. It just feels like yesterday that we were starting our junior year. Can you believe it? Seniors, Funneh! We're gonna be seniors in just a few months!" Gold squealed, anxiously and excitedly shook my arm.

"I know! I'm excited. But I swear to God, you're a chihuahua in disguise. You're way too jittery," I teased.

"I'm the hyper one? You're the one jumping everywhere like a bug. You've got the energy of a Red Bull," Gold giggled.

"I prefer the term 'quirky' if you will," I responded with a chuckle, starting to walk away as she locked the dorm doors with the key.

"Sure, sure, Funneh," she grinned, picking up her last suitcase and tracking alongside me as we hurry onto the sidewalk.

   She had a point, though. The idea of the dorm being so bare and empty was weird to think about, mostly because it was still standing and was just left by us. Unlike last year, of course. But then again, last year wasn't a time to compare then to.

    We made our way down the sidewalk, our footsteps in sync and the occasional kicking of a small pebble being thrown down the pavement by one of our shoes.

    Gold seemed to be enjoying the mood, however. And while it was strange to be returning home, it felt good. I had been starting to become homesick, and thinking about seeing the rest of the Krew made my heart jump in excitement.

"Yo, Gold, are you exc—" she cut my sentence off with an index finger pointed upwards in front of my face, eyes closed, with a quite insistent expression on her face.

"Hush, hush, hush. Music," she interrupted, pointing to the earbuds dangling down as they connected to her phone until she then repeated herself, "listening to music."

I slightly laughed for a moment before guiding my attention to random things around us. Like the sunlight basking down onto the sleeves of our clothes or the sides of the bushes down the street.

     "Wait up, guys!" a voice called from behind. Gold and I spun around, eyebrows raised. It was the anime nerd himself.

      "Hey, Kyran," Gold smiled, meaning literally nothing by it much to both Kyran and I's dismay due to her dense realization of his crush on her.

"I called but neither of you responded. Anyway, I wanna walk with you guys until you board your flight," Kyran explained, panting for air.

"Where are the others?" I asked, starting to walk.

"I dunno. Though I bet you wanna say goodbye to Alec before you guys leave," Kyran said with a cheeky smile.

"Kyran, I swear to G-" Gold cut me off yet again.