40.) finale

❝ℝ𝕒𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕕'𝕖𝕥𝕣𝕖 - 𝕒 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕖𝕩𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘,❞ -𝘜𝘯𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯

»§«

• F U N N E H •

ONE DAY LATER.....

I yawn as I sit up, supporting my body on my elbows. I rub my eyes and glance around the room. The streams of sunlight that escape past my blinds pour down into a golden color, bathing the wooden flooring in a heavenly glow. The little specks of dust flutter around, only visible when they pass through the sunlight streams.

I sigh and fall back onto my back. Turning my body, I peer over at my phone which is safely tucked underneath my pillow.

8:49 AM

I murmur an, "Oh," to myself as I slowly force myself to get up. When my feet hit the cold and bare wooden floor, I shiver slightly. Something feels off in the world, but I assume it's just myself being sleepy and ignore it as I shuffle past my bed.

When I leave my room, the entirety of cold hits my body. Once again, my body tenses up at the air and mentally makes a note of the odd atmosphere but yet again brush it aside.

As I pass Gold's room —which this year has been much more spacious— I consider knocking on her door to see if she's awake. Though, I then remember that it's Gold and of course, she's awake most likely. Unlike me, who only now has been getting into the habit of waking up earlier than usual, Gold is a natural morning person.

I make my way down the narrow hallway of the dormitory, past the extra large recreational room, and down the stairs. I don't smell anything, which is slightly strange, considering Gold always uses breakfast meals as opportunities to improve on her cooking. Finding this extra odd, I quicken my pace until I step down the final step.

When I walk even closer towards the kitchen, I don't hear anything either. The only noise I hear is the tapping of my bare feet against the cold floor with each step I take. Growing uneasy and learning that it's better not to ignore the unsettled feeling in my gut, I start to wander around the dorm.

Eventually, I step into the living room. I glance around in the dark room, with no lights turned on but only the casting of sunlight through the windows to serve as lighting. At first peek, nothing is around. Not on the chair, the comforter, or even the couch. But the slightest movement catches my attention.

I look over to my right and there sits Gold with a content expression resting upon her face. One leg crossed over the other, she's made no effort to change and get ready for the day, as she's still dressed in her white nightgown with a yellow robe wrapped around her. For a moment, I even mistake her for her mother, as she looks so mature in the scenery.

Sitting on the chair next to the largest window of downstairs, Gold seems calm with her arms resting on the small table in front of her. I start to move towards the extra empty chair sitting on the opposite side of the table, across from her.

Slowly drinking from a black coffee cup, I finally experience the smelling of Gold's coffee. I inhale deeply, relieved to know my uneasy feeling has been for nothing, and wave to her. "Morning, Gold."

"Hm? Oh, good morning, Funneh. Did you sleep well?" she inquires, setting down her coffee mug as she turns her attention to me.

"Yeah, I did," I sigh, stretching my arms outwards and upwards whilst I sit down before realizing something, adding, "oh, wait. We actually graduated yesterday?"