24.) glass and silver

(I'm gonna start putting quotes in each chapter like I do for S.T.B so I'm gonna go back and edit them in. Just a lil' head's up)

» "Confession is always weakness. The grave soul keeps its own secrets, and takes its own punishment in silence," -Dorothy Dix «

• K Y R A N •

    Home. That's what she called it. Home. A place you consider your origin. Home. A place you feel safe in. Home. A place you seek refuge in. Home. Not a place full of rubble and debris. Home. No chaos or destruction. Home. Supposedly a good place.

Home.

That's what she called it.

   She said she had reasons. Reasons to be there. Her reason being it was her home. At least, that's what she called it. Reasons. Reasons or excuses? Excuses or reasons?

Reasons.

That's what she called them.

Those are the labels she said. Those are what she used to describe. Those were her adjectives that she chose. They were her words that she spoke.

Reasons and home.

Home and reasons.

But we all know what she actually meant.

No where and excuses.

I wouldn't have called it lying. That wasn't what Funneh did. That wasn't what Gold did. That wasn't her. That wasn't them. That wasn't a trait they owned. She was no liar. Neither of them were. But they certainly held truth in themselves. Truth that they didn't want to say. It wasn't lying. That wasn't how they were. They weren't liars. But it wasn't being honest either. So what do you call that? What would you call them?

Deceit is powerful. That's not what it was. They were no deceitful people. Betrayal? Certainly not. They didn't backstab anyone. Secretive?

Secretive.

That's what it was.

Secrets.

But why? Why hide that? Why hide all the destruction? Why hide all their reasons? Why go through any trouble? Why not tell us?

Why?

    "What was that?" Alec inquired, sighing and holding the pearl as we let go of it.

    "Her home," I replied, "with her reasons to be there. Like she said."

    "She said that a hurricane was going to hit, right? So it must've already hit. And that was the result of it. What was its name again?" Aly snapped her fingers, trying to remember.

"Started with a 'J', right?" Evan guessed, shrugging as he tried to remember too.

    "That's not important. Whatever that hurricane was named is irrelevant. What is important right now is everything else. You saw the state her home was in. You saw what she was wearing. You saw that girl. And I know you heard her," Aly crossed her arms, "she stalled. She didn't want to tell us. She's hiding something."

      "Why are you so pressed about this?" Alec inquired, "why're you thinking so much about it? Why are you over-analyzing it?"

   "Don't start that. You're just as curious and in the dark as us, Alec. Don't you want to know what's happening? Don't you want to know why she's hiding something? She's not the type of person to be secretive," I said.