10.) to america

• L U N A R •

I felt the magic course through my veins as the light flowed out from the tip of my fingertips. It was a bright white light that fizzled out of my hands. From the light, the pearl was forming.

The two necklaces floated together, bonding into one entity. Then the other ingredients —dragon's breath, one eye of ender, a tablespoon of amethyst dust, one wyvern scale, and two blood drops from a minotaur— hovered around the two joined necklaces.

     Before my eyes, they circled the necklaces, then slowly combined into one single matter. They formed, bonded, fused together to create a teleporting pearl.

The pearl was glossy, shining in the little bits of light I had in the room. Inside it were colors of purple and black, swirling and colliding with one another like blobs. Then there were puffs of colored smoke inside it as well.

The outside of it was slippery, and so reflective that you could use it as a mirror. I stared at it before picking it up firmly, cautious to not drop and break it.

 I stared at it before picking it up firmly, cautious to not drop and break it

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

(This was such a pain to draw but I'm sort of pleased with it. So here's a drawing of what the teleporting pearl looks like)

Carefully, I wrapped it in a soft cloth to protect it from the world. I slowly lowered it into a thick sack so that the rain would not touch it when I run back to Funneh's house.

     I grabbed the sack and shuffled down the stairs, turning the corner and headed towards the door. I snatched the umbrella and opened it in the house despite the superstition. I stepped out onto porch and down the step before I launched off into the rain, the umbrella sheltering me.

    I dashed across the street, water splashing below my boots as I bolted. I held onto the sack tightly as I ran, because with my luck I'd trip and fall.

    I stopped before the doors and knocked frantically until the doors swung open with Gold standing in front of me. She moved aside with an excited smile, letting me walk in.

   I leaned the umbrella against the wall and turned to look at all of them. Within the few seconds I had gotten back, they all gathered around me with excitement in their eyes.

     I opened the sack and pulled out the pearl, firmly holding it. They stared as I held it out, mesmerized by the orb. I carefully handed it over to Funneh, who cautiously grasped it and took it from my hands.

    Her eyes were wide and gleeful, excited that she'd be able to go back to America. You could tell she genuinely wanted to help back there.

    Of course, the rest of us declined going. While we love them, YHS isn't our home. It isn't our school, our place. Besides, why would we go to another country for the sake of a bunch of strangers we don't know? At least, that's my opinion.