16.) not so bad

• F U N N E H •

Kyran pulled me aside after the others settled down in the rooms, talking about the entire thing privately and quietly.

"They seem nice. Are they your family?" Kyran asked. "Nope, just friends and their parents. My parents are on a business trip," I explained.

"Oh okay. I was just wondering because they don't look like they'd be related to you. Except for maybe Lunar, like a distant cousin," He rambled.

"I wish they were my family. That'd be great. But nah, we're just a group of friends," I shrugged. "Oh, I see. Well, they seem nice," Kyran added.

"They're insane. But they're amazing so I can't help but love 'em, hey?" I chuckled. "I don't want to be rude, but I feel a little awkward with them around," Kyran sighed.

"Oh, it's fine. Social anxiety, eh? I get it. Just take a breather. But they're sweet people, they won't hurt you," I assured him. He nodded and stepped aside, allowing for me to go back into the hotel room.

"Kyran's gonna walk around. People around, you get the idea," I shrugged, explaining to them as I closed the door.

"Oh and earlier we agreed that all the girls would stay in Gold and I's room and all of the boys stay in Kyran's room. Is that fine with you guys?" I asked the group.

They all agreed. "Is it bad that I'm tired?" Rainbow asked, yawning. "No, I think we all are. This week hasn't been the best for any of us," Gold sighed.

"What happened to you guys while you were here?" Draco asked. "Yeah, hun, what happened? You sound upset," Ms. Glare pouted. Both Gold and I sighed.

     "So every year, our school has an End-Of-The-Year-Party to celebrate the end of the school year. Last year it was at the beach and around the time that one of our close friends... uh...." Gold's voice trailed off.

     We never actually told our parents about the stuff that happened at YHS. We never got around to it. And if they knew about the stuff like murders, what if they took us out? I didn't want to lose Alec, Kyran, Aly, Evan, Meghan, Evelyn, Senpai, Yandere or any of our other friends.

     "Well, around that time about two years ago, the dormitories caught on fire. Our friend, Valerie, who was injured and had to stay home from the party was trapped and ended up passing away in the fire," I slowly eased the words out.

    Even after two years, it's hard to even explain it. And it's even harder when you feel like Valerie isn't gone, but here, just not in the same form. Like the field... or the house during the apocalypse... or when Meghan told us she could talk to her.

       "I'm terribly sorry for that," Ms. Glare frowned and looked at us with this sorrowful face. "Yeah, sorry about your friend," Rainbow's dad said.

     The rest of the Krew already knew this story, just in more detail. Gold had told them briefly but it was last summer when they really heard the full thing. So they just frowned.

      "It's okay. It's been two years, hopefully she's been resting all this time," I sighed. Gold whispered into my ear, "More like haunting us all this time."

"But this year, it just... wasn't fun," I sighed, not wanting to worry Gold's mom or Rainbow's dad. "Oh, and there's some left over food in the refrigerator in case any of you are hungry," Gold pointed out.

The Krew got what we were saying and all declined the food, leaving Rainbow's dad and Gold's mom to eat and leave the room.

Once they closed the door, I sat back down in a circle with the rest of the Krew. "So why wasn't it fun?" Lunar asked.